Question "PC Reboot Loops and Black Screen

Dec 13, 2023
Hello,

I've been encountering some issues with my PC , and I'm reaching out to the community for guidance. Here are the key points:

• Random Reboots and Looping: My PC occasionally reboots on its own and gets stuck in a loop. It's an intermittent issue, making it challenging to pinpoint the cause. No BSOD
  • Startup Problems: Sometimes, the PC doesn't turn on at all stuck in a loop. To resolve this, I need to turn it off, unplug the PSU, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. After this, it usually starts up fine, this sometimes doesn't work.
  • One Beep on Startup: On a normal startup, I typically hear one beep, suggesting that the system is fine.
  • Worst-Case Scenario: There are instances when my PC doesn't turn on at all. It displays only the RAM RGB lights, with no fans spinning and a black screen, power button doesn't work either so I have to turn it off by the psu switch.
  • Temperatures: My CPU idles at around 30-40 degrees Celsius, and the GPU hovers around 40 degrees Celsius.
  • Temporary Fix with RAM Reseating: I've noticed that reseating the RAM sometimes resolves the problem temporarily, but it doesn't always work.
    Clicking Sounds and No Burnt Smell: Additionally, I've noticed that during some of these reboot loops, there are clicking sounds coming from the system, fans mostly, psu at times. It's worth noting that despite these clicks, there's no discernible burnt smell, which initially led me to believe it might not be related to overheating or electrical burning. Any insights into the significance of these clicks would be particularly helpful.

For additional context, I assembled this PC approximately 3 ish years ago. Here are the main specifications:
    • CPU: [AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz]
    • GPU: [Colorful iGame RTX 3080 Vulcan OC 10gb]
    • RAM: [VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz]
    • Motherboard: [Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi AM4 ATX Motherboard]
    • PSU: [RM750 - 750 watt 80 plus gold Corsair]
    • Storage: [1tb SD]
I'm seeking your expertise to help me diagnose and fix these issues. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: [RM750 - 750 watt 80 plus gold Corsair]
How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU to see if your system does sustain itself without a reboot.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Dec 13, 2023
Thanks for your quick response. My PSU is approximately 3 years old. Unfortunately, I don't have an additional PSU available for testing, especially one that can handle my current hardware.

As for my motherboard's BIOS version, it's F36. This BIOS version was updated on 12/26/2022

Any further guidance or insights you can provide would be appreciated.