Question PC reboot without warning and i found this inside my event viewer

Apr 14, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/whE0bgY

it did just rebooted without warning.
this actually happened since days ago on my second PC.
idk why is my second PC very problematic while the first one is not.
inside event viewer, i got this message

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

you can actually see it inside my screenshot but i'm afraid you didn't even notice it.
thank you so much!

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi,

Please list your computer components. However, it does sound like a RAM or PSU issue. Do you hear any beeps? At what point did it reboot? Does it happen randomly in Windows? Or does it happen with specific games or applications? Do you know the temperature of your CPU? How many case fans? Does it occur in Safe Mode? Have you overclocked?

Apr 14, 2020
CPU is core 2 duo e7400
GPU GT 730
4 GB RAM DDR3 DUAL CHANNEL
motherboard is P5G41T M LX
PSU is powerlogic Magnum pro 225x 450 Watt (previously tr2s 500 Watt thermaltake but switched it after the PC started to keep restarting but until now, the problem continues)
OS is windows 10 pro
BIOS VERSION 0609
HSF is Intel stock fan
No chassis fan

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Ok,

How long have you had this system? How long has it been giving you issues? Do you hear any beeps? At what point does it reboot? Does it happen every time? Does it happen randomly in Windows? Or does it happen with specific games or applications? Do you know the temperature of your CPU? Does it occur in Safe Mode? Have you overclocked?

I don't see your specific firmware version. The closest one is 0604. However, it looks you're around 5 versions behind. If you're comfortable, I'd recommend flashing the bios to the latest firmware version. Then, if still happening, answer the above questions. Whether or not you've overclocked, you want to make sure that you're CPU and RAM are running at their default values.

Apr 14, 2020
oh yeah, sorry for the BIOS version. it's actually 0604.
and the latest versions aren't compatible with my 10 year old motherboard.

my motherboard doesn't have any beeping noise if it turns on even if it got to the windows.

this problem has happened since 2 months ago.
problem gone for 1 week and then return again with worse condition.

i haven't yet overclock any components.
i downclocked them instead quickly after this problem occur.
but doesn't worked

i can't access the safemode.
everytime i enter safe mode, it bring me into the standard mode instead.

first up, it was using a 61 USD 500 watt thermal take 80+ psu.
61 USD may sound "cheap" for you.
but in my country, it's almost a million rupiahs.
which is the same with another expensive PSU.
yet thermaltake is a popular product isn't it?
then, this problem occur.
first up, my friend told me it was the PSU.
he recommended me a 450 watt PSU for this system.
so, i bought powerlogic 450 watt coolermaster PSU.
the problem still continues.

next up, i replace the two kingston 4GB DDR3 ram with two samsung DDR3 4 GB RAM.
but guess what, the problem continues.

i didn't stopped right there and i bought a 120 GB SSD V GEN.
and that's to switch the HDD.
the problem continues until i've wasted so much money to buy a new CPU.

the problem got worse instead. so i replaced it with the old CPU.

then, i went to my motherboard's official website instead to get the lastest compatible BIOS version.
and that's how i got the 0604 version of BIOS from 0409.

after that, i replaced my GPU.
from GTX 560 TI to GT 730 2 GB DDR3.
which has lower TDP.
problem still continued.

i haven't tried changed my motherboard but i think it would be harder than just plug out and in.
i called a repairman and he switched the PSU to magnum pro 225x 450watt powerlogic.
the problem still continued.

the repairman also tried to clean the entire system.
but none worked.

for the temperature, it was stable.
GPU from 50-80 (while gaming)
CPU from 50-70 (while gaming)
i never got higher tna 90 in temperature

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi,

Based on the information that you provided and what is listed on Microsoft's website, you will need to verify that both sticks of RAM are running at 800 or 1066 Mhz.

The other reasons as mentioned previously is that one or more components are overheating or the power supply is having issues.

Another possibility is that something is interrupting the power to the computer. If you experience lots of surges or power fluctuations, you can try plugging the computer into a UPS or battery backup, if it already isn't.