[SOLVED] PC rebooting after playing heavy games

Aug 13, 2020
Hello, my pc straight up just insta reboots after launching more gpu heavy games, if i play games that have lower requirements and also while not playing any games my pc works like normal, this actually started happening recently, i was able to play anything without any problems, so im guessing it isn't really cause of my configuration, since i upgraded only my mobo and cpu like 2 months ago and everything was fine, but more like cause of some piece of hardware going bad (im guessing most likely the psu since i've had it for almost 5 years now).
Also im sure nothing is overheating.
Event viewer shows a Kernel-Power Event Id:41 (70368744177664),(2)
Things i've tried:
-Running a "power test" using OCCT, which again instantly reboots my pc.
-Reinstalling graphics drivers.
-sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth in command prompt, both which say everything ok.
-Uninstalling and installing windows updates.
-Reseating all components and cables.

Sadly i don't have any other gpu or psu i can try and see if i get the same problem.
I'm really hoping this is a psu problem cause if its my gpu thats gonna be really not good.

My specs are:
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
GPU: NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1060 6gb
PSU: Cooler Master G750M 750W
RAM: 8 gb

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Solution
idk how to answer the thread but yea it was a faulty psu, got a new one and everything works, checked my power outlets and something was wrong with them so most likely that was the cause, so yea check ur power outlets...
Hey there,

Yes, you've kinda hit the nail on the head. Random restarts at load, often point to an issue with the PSU. Indeed if your current one is 5 years old, it very well may be on it's way out.

There are lots of good quality gold units available with good pricing. You don't necessarily need a 650w PSU, a food quality 550w will do fine for you build.

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
I experienced a similar problem with my old laptop, around 2 or 3 years ago. it would be working fine then all of a sudden restart or switch off.
the problem that i found was that it was overheating. you might have a similar problem especially if your case is sealed case (ie one without mesh paneling or breathing holes)

their might be something wrong with your cpu cooler - does it spin louder when for a while before your pc resets - or does it spin at all

You should also look at your GPU fans.

it might be a power supply issue, but i doubt it since cooler master a top of the line brand and 700+ watts are more than enough for your system... but the avg lifespan of a Psu is 5 years so it might be on it's way out... i don't really know, since my first pc that i got about 12 years ago still runs with it's original psu - supose it depends of how often you're using it

I experienced a similar problem with my old laptop, around 2 or 3 years ago. it would be working fine then all of a sudden restart or switch off.
the problem that i found was that it was overheating. you might have a similar problem especially if your case is sealed case (ie one without mesh paneling or breathing holes)

their might be something wrong with your cpu cooler - does it spin louder when for a while before your pc resets - or does it spin at all

You should also look at your GPU fans.

it might be a power supply issue, but i doubt it since cooler master a top of the line brand and 700+ watts are more than enough for your system... but the avg lifespan of a Psu is 5 years so it might be on it's way out... i don't really know, since my first pc that i got about 12 years ago still runs with it's original psu - supose it depends of how often you're using it
His is obviously not a laptop.

It's shutting down instantly so that pretty much rules out overheating.

There are many different qualities of PSUs that CoolerMaster makes, his is a low end.

Aug 13, 2020
idk how to answer the thread but yea it was a faulty psu, got a new one and everything works, checked my power outlets and something was wrong with them so most likely that was the cause, so yea check ur power outlets...

Solution