PC rebooting automatically

MikeyDunn

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
hey guys im having a bit of an issue right now, iv had this problem for the past week now and iv no idea whats wrong, my PC just keep randomly freezing for a few seconds then just rebooting itself and when it comes back on it says that it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown and says the problem was blue screen(ill show in pictures).

Iv had a look about but cant really find anything just people having a problem actually getting blue screens(not what im getting) and iv seen some people say it could be the PC overheating but its still running fairly cool, just wondering if anyone knows of a possible fix/solutions would be very much appreciated.

thanks

resAWXA.png

GF3BakV.png

MikeyDunn

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Hey thanks for helping.

Im not sure what i was to do with the first one but with WhoCrashed it came up with 9 cache dumps.

On Fri 02/01/2015 17:25:58 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010215-14492-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x7A223C)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA801282E4E0, 0xFFFFF8800602A23C, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.09
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.09
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.09 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

^that being roughly what they all say

" 9 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.09 , NVIDIA Corporation) "

but i am still a bit stuck on what to do, it doesn't seem like anything usfull when i go on the link, i see that it is something to do with Nvidia but it says my drivers are up to date and i only updated less than a week ago.

bugcheck 0x116 is a video card not responding

normally, you would:
-update BIOS ( or reset it to defaults and reconfigure)
- update the graphics driver and its high definition sound driver directly from nvidia
- if you don't get sound via your graphics card video cable, you would use windows device manager and disable the graphics card sound support.
- turn off the nvidia streaming service if you are not actively using it.
- if you do have the streaming service turned on be sure to update your ethernet driver, drivers older than last year have issues that get exposed when the steaming is enable. Even if you are not use it.

Note: this assumes that you have applied all the windows 7 service pack and updates
(just too many old windows bugs that the graphic driver can hit)