[SOLVED] PC rebooting intermittently when playing games

Dec 17, 2018
Hi there! So recently I upgraded most of my rig and after playing a few games I noticed that in some of them my PC just randomly rebooted. It doesn't seem to be a temperature issue, my GPU doesn't go over 70 °C - 75 °C and my CPU maintains at 45 °C - 50 °C.

It is curious that it mostly happens when I play CS:GO or Fortnite, it happened a few times while playing LoL. I can play PUBG and Dota2 in full graphics (ULTRA - just to put some serious stress on my card and CPU, even RAM) without it crashing or anything, but as soon as I get off the "Battle Bus" in Fortnite, or start a match in CS:GO, it reboots with no crash screen or specific error message.

I want to clear out that there are moments where I can play continuously for a while without my PC rebooting, but sometimes (most of the time) it just reboots with no explanation as soon as the match starts.

I will appreciate your help on this, thanks in advance!

PC details:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ybzW8Y

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Mhz Memory

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (x2)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 960 2 GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card

Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: CoolMax - 1000 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Acer - V223WL 22.0" 1680x1050 60 Hz Monitor

EDIT:

I want to add that I initially thought it was an issue with the RAMs, and I tried a few things like placing them in different slots (respecting the rule 1-3 and 2-4) and booting with only 1 installed (tried them both) and even though the PC always ended up rebooting it lasted longer in-game when there was only 1 plugged in than when both were plugged.

Dec 17, 2018

I will definitely try this tomorrow, thanks for answering and sorry for the delayed response.

I was thinking about the motherboard itself, do you think the motherboard might have something to do with it?