Question PC Rebooting when under load

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Alright so I've made multiple posts about this and been trying to figure something out for a long time now. Basically under some heavy load games after an x amount of time my PC will reboot itself, just like it lost power for a split second. I'm going to list what I've done and my clues.

First time it happened it was on Path of Exile after 3 hours of gameplay. After that I played another 3 hours and it did it again, so I sent my PSU back to be changed with warranty as I was almost sure it was that. After a week of testing the technician called me and said he was not able to reproduce the problem even under stress. That went on for 3 days of calls over and over again.

I got my PSU back and I reset and ran my PC fine for 2 weeks playing League, Overwatch and World of Warcraft. My max temps on WoW and OW are 60 on CPU and 80 on GPU, so I really don't think its a temps issue. I can play those games (+ i tried minecraft too) fine, even at those temps and my PC will not turn off. However, I downloaded ArmA 3 and went on it. First time it was fine, I played for about 10 minutes got bored and went off. Second time, however, I was in the loading screen and my PC rebooted 2 minutes in. The only thing I remarkably remember is watching my RAM go to 11.5 GB used.

The ArmA 3 incident is the only time my PC has turned off after getting my PSU back. I ran Prime 95 torture test for an hour and I got no errors back. I also ran the Windows RAM test and it also came back with no errors. When I built my PC I had 2 sticks of ram (4 + 4) and I added two more a couple of months ago, but the problem only started occurring a month ago. I am really confused and don't know what else to try. I am not able to just test out new parts as I don't have the money to do so.

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Full system specs including make and model of psu.

A screenshot of HWMonitor after some wow.

IHT8UKa.png

+12V Minimun at 11.8 looking kinda weird?

Following from your previous posts...

The only thing I can think of now is an issue perhaps with the motherboard. Maybe the voltage is spiking somewhere on the board? If nothing is overheating that is my best guess, after the power supply of course. But maybe some other people will have some better insight to the situation.