PC rebooting while gaming

May 24, 2018
Hello!

After reading a lot of solutions regarding my problem I tried everything and no success yet. As my title describes I am having issues while playing games mostly and one time had a reboot while navigating on the internet. I really don't know what's going on since my PSU seems to handle perfectly GPU which does not get overheated being cooled with 60% of fan usage, heading to a maximum 60º temperature. Also increased CPU cooling system with a 120mm fan which does not go further than 50º-60ºc.

While reading my specs you'll realize that my desktop is kinda old so I wanted to give him a new GPU which I bought 4 months ago. It's been a week since the problem appeared and then I controlling temperature and it still reboots. It just goes into a black screen, without any bluescreen, even when browsing the internet had a randomly reboot.

Furthermore, I opened the event viewer and showed a critical event n° 41 regarding kernel-power with the following description : The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID 41
Version 2
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 ultimate pro 64 bits
Asus Extreme Rampage III
Intel I7 950 3,07ghz
Seventeam 850W model Z-AF 80 plus BRONZE
NVIDIA 1060 GTX 6GB Asus
6gb ram corsair
NVIDIA DRIVER - 397.93

Thanks a lot !

May 24, 2018

i am so sorry but i am not an expert and i only understood what u said about checking the bios voltage. btw how do i look for leaking caps and is there a way to solve it?

May 24, 2018
Ok, so i moved along and changed my PSU into a Corsair TX550M. However the results were kindly the same except for the reboot so in this time it just turned off instead of rebooting as it would normally do, and appeared the same event as before.

someone ?