pc reboots 3 times before actuially booting

reabendet

Reputable
May 30, 2015
first my build

aorus b450 m
ryzen 2700x
rtx 2080 8gb

so i was trying to make my ram use its actual advertised speed both through bios and through ryzen master and for both of them when i save it restarts the pc 3 times and rebooting and goes back to where it was. the pc is making me crazy plz help

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If bios has an issue or detects a bad setting, it'll reboot trying to clear the issue, assuming it's a bad read on the drivers. Default settings for reboots is 3 after which the bios will revert back to last known good setting and boot from that.

Default speed of DDR4 is 2133MHz. Anything more is set by either the cpu or user upto the limits of the ram or 2133/2400/2666MHz limits as per cpu.

3200MHz is an OC speed, not a stock speed, and to get that target can require certain other settings be aligned too. You may need to set it manually, bypassing xmp, or you may need to bump ram voltages slightly (more usual with 4x sticks), you may even need to OC the cpu to give the memory controller more ability to work with higher speeds and quantity of ram. Just clicking 3200 as the ram speed and expecting it to work as is, doesn't always work.

reabendet

Reputable
May 30, 2015

thank you so much, but the prob is in the bios it says 3200 and i tried both with xmp and without and cpu z says the spees is sitll 2133. what should i do?>