[SOLVED] PC Reboots but only in two games

Feb 2, 2020
My pc is rebooting when I play Tarkov and i've been playing it for about 3 years now, and only now it started rebooting my pc. I play alot of games that are heavy like the new Modern Warfare, Witcher 3 and no problems with them, I can play for hours and my pc can handle them. I can play tarkov for a few hours without it rebooting, but its not constant I can play for 2-3 hours before rebooting and some times only 1 hour. Another interesting thing to mention is that after the reboot if I open tarkov right away and try to load the map the pc reboots seconds before I enter the map, so that makes me think its a heating problem but unfortunately its not (at least not the gpu and cpu maybe the psu??), my gpu max temp is ~70ºC and cpu ~36ºC. I already ran tests like furmark, OCCT, AIDA 64 and Heaven Benchmark 4.0 all of that to stress test the gpu and cpu, and also ran the windows mem test. I had msi aftertuber on, so I could monitor the temperatures while I'm in game and its all normal. I also checked the event viewer and when the pc reboots it logs "Kernel-Power 41 (63)".

The other game is Darksiders Genesis but I don't play it anymore since I've completed it and the rebooting first appeared on this game.
2 games that are completly diferent.
Edit: I forgot to mentiont that I already unninstalled and installed the game. And have every drivers up to date.

PC Specs:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

PSU
750w

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

Solution
Psu efficiency drops when it gets heated and of course over time. I would suggest you try another psu as it looks like the most possible suspect here.

valhazard

Honorable
Dec 30, 2014
Hey, I'm having the same issue with 2 different games and those games only : Mordhau and Men Of War Assault Squad 2. I play lots of other things like MK11, Forza 7, Dirt Rally 2, War Thunder, GTA 5 and a lot of other games with no issues at all but after 10-15 minutes of Mordhau or MOWAS 2 my PC reboots.

I monitored my temperatures but everything's cool, nothing overheats.
Checked event viewer and after every reboot I get the Kernel - Power 41 thing.

My setup :
i5 4690K (non OC)
GTX 970
16 GB Ram
Corsair 750W PSU
Windows 10

Did you find a fix for your problem ? Have you tried a different PSU ?

I'm thinking it's my PSU as well but I don't understand why it only happens in those 2 games.

Feb 2, 2020
Hey, I'm having the same issue with 2 different games and those games only : Mordhau and Men Of War Assault Squad 2. I play lots of other things like MK11, Forza 7, Dirt Rally 2, War Thunder, GTA 5 and a lot of other games with no issues at all but after 10-15 minutes of Mordhau or MOWAS 2 my PC reboots.

I monitored my temperatures but everything's cool, nothing overheats.
Checked event viewer and after every reboot I get the Kernel - Power 41 thing.

My setup :
i5 4690K (non OC)
GTX 970
16 GB Ram
Corsair 750W PSU
Windows 10

Did you find a fix for your problem ? Have you tried a different PSU ?

I'm thinking it's my PSU as well but I don't understand why it only happens in those 2 games.

I ordered a new 750w psu I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'll update as soon as I can.