Question pc reboots by its self only when gaming

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
I have this problem for a long time now I have been to a computer store 3 times now the same one because it kept happening to me they just didn't want to help me further my temps are good drivers are good, everything is good, but it keeps happening to me the whole time it doesn't matter if the game is old or new high settings or low keep rebooting by its self please help me

kango692

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
I like to use Passmark Burn-in test to stress my computer and check it for any faults
It will easily find any problems with the components in your PC

Last edited:
Use an app like cpuid hwmonitor to monitor cpu, gpu temps, and voltages. See if anything looks abnormal. I know you said temps are fine but something may spike right before it resets. Also have you checked in computer management for critical error reports. Perhaps it will tell you something. Also are your drivers up to date?

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
You can try to disable auto restart in system properties under start up and recovery. Uncheck automatically restart. What power setting are you using in windows balance, high performance? Try switching it up. Try reinstalling your gpu drivers, since it happens while gaming.
You can try to disable auto restart in system properties under start up and recovery. Uncheck automatically restart. What power setting are you using in windows balance, high performance? Try switching it up. Try reinstalling your gpu drivers, since it happens while gaming.

that has all been done by the computer store i brought it to and everything checked out

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nt-kernal errors are almost always due to lack of voltage to the cpu. There's multiple reasons this can happen, everything from really bad power at the wall socket, really cheap and unreliable psu, motherboard drivers, bios settings, even windows itself. Cheap power strips can be a major issue.

So it's on you to eliminate as much as you can. This means making sure the pc is clean, I prefer ccleaner from piriform.com. Use both the cleaner and registry tool. This means going to the motherboard website and updating all the chipset drivers and bios too if necessary. This means physical inspection of the psu, exactly what brand and model. This means looking to see exactly what else is plugged into the same circuit as the pc. When was the last time it was thoroughly dusted? Is the dust filter on the psu clean?

You have an issue, we can help guide you, but it's on you to fix it. But without information as to what you have, have not, tried and not, you tie our hands.

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
Nt-kernal errors are almost always due to lack of voltage to the cpu. There's multiple reasons this can happen, everything from really bad power at the wall socket, really cheap and unreliable psu, motherboard drivers, bios settings, even windows itself. Cheap power strips can be a major issue.

So it's on you to eliminate as much as you can. This means making sure the pc is clean, I prefer ccleaner from piriform.com. Use both the cleaner and registry tool. This means going to the motherboard website and updating all the chipset drivers and bios too if necessary. This means physical inspection of the psu, exactly what brand and model. This means looking to see exactly what else is plugged into the same circuit as the pc. When was the last time it was thoroughly dusted? Is the dust filter on the psu clean?

You have an issue, we can help guide you, but it's on you to fix it. But without information as to what you have, have not, tried and not, you tie our hands.

i brought my pc to a pc store 2 times and they checked everything cpu other hard ware to see if soemthings wrong but they couldnt find anything

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
i have this problem for so long now anytime i play a game my pc shuts down and then reboots again i had a pc shop look at it and they couldnt find any problems everything works gpu cpu power suply everything just works fine