[SOLVED] pc reboots continously after upgrading ram

Aug 27, 2021
I have GA-H55M-USB3 mother board. Old ram is Samsung 2gb 1RX8 PC3-10600U which works fine. I have 2 new ram of same model when I install 1 new ram(SP 4gb DDR3-1333) pc continously reboots.(can't access bios). when I install 2 new rams in the dual channel manner (2 white slots as mentioned in the MB manual) pc boots but after windows logo appear pc reboots (I can access bios this way). Would appreciate for a a solution

Solution
I'd just do the standard memory tests, one at a time is ideal but you can start with both of them since you can't get it to boot with one. The only option if you can't get into windows at all, even with two sticks, you could try lowering the memory speeds down and try it that way..just to rule some things out. If you still can't get into windows at all, I'd run memtest 86 is the only one I know that you can use usb boot and it runs test before windows. It's not the best test and if you manage to get into windows, look through this list of software to test memory and pick one and test it that way too.

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
I'd just do the standard memory tests, one at a time is ideal but you can start with both of them since you can't get it to boot with one. The only option if you can't get into windows at all, even with two sticks, you could try lowering the memory speeds down and try it that way..just to rule some things out. If you still can't get into windows at all, I'd run memtest 86 is the only one I know that you can use usb boot and it runs test before windows. It's not the best test and if you manage to get into windows, look through this list of software to test memory and pick one and test it that way too.

Solution
Aug 27, 2021

ill try mem86 and see because I can't log in to windows

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
I can to bios with both rams only but when I run memtest86 the test screen appears then crashes pc reboot. It doesn't happen so when I test the old ram

Try to lower speed down for ram in bios, save and all that and then try memtest again...it's for testing purposes, if it lets you come in with drastically lower speeds then something maybe off on one of them.