Aug 28, 2019
Hello. I recently got myself a GTX 1060 3GB. I found that when I did anything that was rather taxing on the GPU, my computer screen would just go black then the PC would reboot. No BSODs or anything. Just as if I had pressed the reset button. I have checked anything that may be wrong with the GPU and found nothing. 6-pin connector was plugged in properly, nothing was overheating, I have installed all the latest and correct drivers. However, my PSU is a Corsair VS450, and I believe that it may be the reason for this as 450W seems to be just barely enough and it seems that Corsair VS PSUs don't really have that great of a reputation.

My full specs are:

i5-4590 @3.3GHz
Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB
8GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM
500GB HDD
Corsair VS450 PSU

Hope anyone can help. Thanks!

Aug 28, 2019
Hello. I have a feeling my PSU (Corsair VS450) is the problem causing my PC to reboot during gaming.
It was doing this before, but only under heavy GPU load. But now it does it after a few minutes of playing any game.
I also heard some kind of screeching sound coming from the PSU in the seconds before my PC rebooted. Which is why I think it is the PSU. Also I have found that Corsair VS PSUs are known for not being great anyway.

Specs:

i5-4590 @3.3GHz
GTX 1060 3GB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair VS450 PSU

Hope anyone can help!

Aug 28, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hello. I upgraded my Dell OptiPlex 3020 MT to have a GTX 1060 GPU. I have upgraded the PSU too to allow enough wattage, so I'm not using the stock PSU. However, I would get random reboots under heavy GPU load. Seeing as my PSU is a Corsair VS450, I imagined that that was the cause seeing as Corsair VS PSUs are known for not being that great. But, I would just like to check beforehand if maybe the motherboard could be the issue, seeing as it is only 8-pin instead of 24-pin. I had also used an RX 460 in the PC before, and no reboots ever happened.

Many Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS