Question PC reboots during use ?

Sep 13, 2022
Hi forum!

First of all thank you for taking your time to read this post.

I am facing an issue right now, where I am a bit lost on where to start troubleshooting.

I have a PC with the following specs:

CPU: Intel I9 9900k
GPU: Aorus rtx 3090 Master
PSU: Corsair HX1000i - 1000w Plat
MB: Asus Z370-F
Ram: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 C16

The GPU and the PSU are newly installed, The GPU is a used one which is my only "concern" in this setup. It is told to not have been used much so overall I would assume that is a decent GPU.

The PSU is newly bought to fit this new GPU due to the higher power usage compared from my old Asus Strix 1080.

The issue that I am facing right now is that I have in the past two days now seen issues doing Cyberpunk playthrough that my PC would randomly turn off, and then on again. I have monitored the temps of different components

CPU: 65-75c
GPU: 70-75c
GPU Vram: 96-100

From my reading it seems like the vram temp is ok, they are in general alot hotter then other pieces.

I am not sure where to try and focus my search on where this problem is.. I have only a few day of full return policy on the GPU, so I kinda wanna find the source of this, cause if it is the GPU I just want to get it returned and look into buying a new piece instead, however I am not sure this problem comes from the GPU.

I have not seen this issue happen doing other gameplays, I know that Cyberpunk is pulling alot since it is a heavy game, and I am running it on full quality.

Any help here is much appreciated, thank you!

Sep 13, 2022
Sudden turn offs usually indicate a PSU failure or voltage problem. Can you borrow a decent PSU to see if its stable ?
It may be a new PSU and I saw a video on GPU voltage spikes by Gamers Nexus awhile back. This may help shed some possible light, but Im just guessing.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ&t=12s

I am not able to get a 1000w power supply to test this out, that is my main issue..

I have a Nzxt 650W, but that would not be enough to power the 3090 :/