CPU: Ryzen 5950x
GPU: Rx 6900XT
Motherboard: Asus TUF x570 pro wifi
Ram: 4 sticks 8gb each... TridentZ Royale
PSU: 850W Corsair
Ek classic pump/resivour combo
3 radiators with 3 fans each
1 exhaust fan on the back

This is the weirdest problem I've ever seen in all my years of dealing with PCs. My computer works perfectly fine. I can play games at max settings and this can go on for hours.

Sometimes though, while playing a game, my computer will just restart. The motherboard will cycle through the colors of DRAM, CPU, VGA, but then it gets stuck on VGA. It's a white light that just stays on. I press the button on the desktop to restart the computer and it boots up just fine. I only once had a message pop up during boot that said "VGA card not supported by UEFI". I've disabled CSM and have had it enabled and no matter what setting I have it on I still get this same problem. Only while playing games tho. I can leave my computer on all night doing nothing and it won't happen. But while playing it does, and it's random.

I have a theory but I'm not sure...
One of my theories is that the 6900XT has a max wattage of 350W. But sometimes cards can spike for a second if I'm not mistaken. So maybe it spikes to 500 and theres just not enough wattage to keep everything running. I don't know how right this is but I can say that I can play league of legends (a not so demanding game) for hours without it happening but if I play Apex (a more demanding game) it could happen at any time.

It seems like this only started happening after I updated my bios to 4002. I can't remember what it was on when I first got it. But I remember when me and my brother finished building it he played final fantasy for hours and this didn't happen

Solution
You think 850W is borderline for this?
Bunch of fans + at least 1 pump + a gpu that can peak at 600w+ with a 5950x. I would say that 850w PSU is the minimum for that kind of system. There are a bunch of people who may say that is ridiculous but then when you ask them about the GPU asking for 650w for 30ms they don't know what you are talking about anymore. It only takes 1 transient spike to potentially hit a PSU protections just right to cause a restart. @Eximo knows more about this than me though.
Sep 29, 2021
I have a similar issue a few years back and it turned out to be a bios issue. I would try flashing the latest bios if you already haven't. Also make your memory timings are configured properly as it could cause similar effects.

I've updated to the latest bios and still have the same problem. I played league of legends for hours yesterday and had no crashes. Switched to a more demanding game and it crashed. After the crash I went back to the same game and it didn't crash for the 1 hour I played it

Sep 29, 2021
I built a custom water loop with a

This is the weirdest problem I've ever seen in all my years of dealing with PCs. My computer works perfectly fine. I can play games at max settings and this can go on for hours.

Sometimes though, while playing a game, my computer will just restart. The motherboard will cycle through the colors of DRAM, CPU, VGA, but then it gets stuck on VGA. It's a white light that just stays on. I press the button on the desktop to restart the computer and it boots up just fine. I only once had a message pop up during boot that said "VGA card not supported by UEFI". I've disabled CSM and have had it enabled and no matter what setting I have it on I still get this same problem. Only while playing games tho. I can leave my computer on all night doing nothing and it won't happen. But while playing it does, and it's random.

One of my theories is that the 6900XT has a max wattage of 350W. But sometimes cards can spike for a second if I'm not mistaken. So maybe it spikes to 500 and theres just not enough wattage to keep everything running. I don't know how right this is but I can say that I can play league of legends (a not so demanding game) for hours without it happening but if I play Apex (a more demanding game) or New world it could happen at any time.

I built a custom water loop with a

One of my theories is that the 6900XT has a max wattage of 350W. But sometimes cards can spike for a second if I'm not mistaken. So maybe it spikes to 500 and theres just not enough wattage to keep everything running. I don't know how right this is but I can say that I can play league of legends (a not so demanding game) for hours without it happening but if I play Apex (a more demanding game) or New world it could happen at any time.
Have you tried limiting the power limit of the card to say 50-70% and see if it happens again? An 850 watt PSU is very borderline for that system if the CPU and GPU are getting used at the same time considering all the other stuff you have sucking down power. Aside from trying a PSU that has an obviously enough amount of wattage we cannot rule out the PSU having an issue on transient spikes. The transient spikes could also be triggering a PSU safeguard. I am not a PSU expert, however.

Sep 29, 2021
Have you tried limiting the power limit of the card to say 50-70% and see if it happens again? An 850 watt PSU is very borderline for that system if the CPU and GPU are getting used at the same time considering all the other stuff you have sucking down power. Aside from trying a PSU that has an obviously enough amount of wattage we cannot rule out the PSU having an issue on transient spikes. The transient spikes could also be triggering a PSU safeguard. I am not a PSU expert, however.

Bunch of fans + at least 1 pump + a gpu that can peak at 600w+ with a 5950x. I would say that 850w PSU is the minimum for that kind of system. There are a bunch of people who may say that is ridiculous but then when you ask them about the GPU asking for 650w for 30ms they don't know what you are talking about anymore. It only takes 1 transient spike to potentially hit a PSU protections just right to cause a restart. @Eximo knows more about this than me though.

Solution
Sep 29, 2021
Hey, I know you said @Eximo knows more about this than you but do those type of reboots blue screen or just shut off?