[SOLVED] Pc reboots randomly after changing some settings in ASUS Aura

May 21, 2020
Hey everyone,

My pc is a rather new build. Every part is new and has worked without any issues for the last 1,5 years. Yesterday I opened ASUS aura for the first time to change the motherboard RGB lights to a static colour and after that my pc randomly rebooted twice. One time in game and the other while doing nothing. I killed the lightingservice.exe and didn't have another crash. Today a few minutes after powering on my pc, it crashed again.

Do you think its aura or an PSU/Motherboard issue?

I have an Asus x470 pro and a Corsair 850w modular PSU.

Solution
Since you changed the aura and problem appeared.. its very possible to be the program!
Since its changing the lights on your mobo its possible to be making changes in the bios, and to be conflicting something.
Uninstall the program....restart... see if the problem persist.
If it does, set you bios to default and check again..
If it solved install the latest version of the program or if it doesn't exist a new version be careful installing it again.
Since you changed the aura and problem appeared.. its very possible to be the program!
Since its changing the lights on your mobo its possible to be making changes in the bios, and to be conflicting something.
If it solved install the latest version of the program or if it doesn't exist a new version be careful installing it again.

Reactions: Pbolar
Solution
May 21, 2020
Thanks for the awnser. Unistalled Aura and did a registry clean. Today had 2 more reboots, but after aura was deleted it all smooth sailing. I also disabled the RGB lighting from the bios, just in case. It seems that it was indeed a conflict of some sorts.