Question Pc reboots randomly when playing games

Mar 24, 2020
Hey everybody , so i've had this problem for half a year now . My pc reboots randomly when playing games, i could play apex, cs go or league of legends for hours and it justs restarts without any warning or error code . After it restarts , my gpu's fan is running with a lot of rpm and it makes a loud noise. I can also hear on my headphones like my windows are crashing with a very distinct sound. Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
16gb RAM DDR4 -3000MHz( G.Skill Aegis)
Radeon RX550/550 Series
Corsair TX550M 550W
Asus rogue strix B350-F Gaming
Digital Blue 1Tb HDD, Samsung 60 Evo 500GB
Windows 10 obviously
Im aware that my gpu has a bottleneck and i suspect this may be the reason my pc has this problem but i want to make sure . Any help would be appreciated a lot .

Mar 24, 2020
Your GPU can be overheating. Check the temperatures of the gpu when you are playing those games with something like HW monitor. The temperatures should be under 80 celsius.

Mar 24, 2020
Have you looked in the event viewer of windows. You will probably find a event with code 41 which is noted as critical. Look for any events around for more information.

To open event viewer press win + R and type "eventvwr.msc". Open windows log and than system.

Mar 24, 2020
Have you looked in the event viewer of windows. You will probably find a event with code 41 which is noted as critical. Look for any events around for more information.

To open event viewer press win + R and type "eventvwr.msc". Open windows log and than system.
There is indeed an event with code 41 and it is recorded every time my pc reboots unexpectedly , dont really know what to do with the info provided by this event but im puting it here,

Event xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-15T16:36:18.292124600Z" />
<EventRecordID>25439</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-J9LH5LS</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Mar 24, 2020
There is indeed an event with code 41 and it is recorded every time my pc reboots unexpectedly , dont really know what to do with the info provided by this event but im puting it here,

Event xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-15T16:36:18.292124600Z" />
<EventRecordID>25439</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-J9LH5LS</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Do you see any other errors around this event? If not then how old is your power supply.

Mar 24, 2020
There is an error event recorded after the reboot referring to WLAN-Config ,but i dont know its important or not. My power supply is 1 years old approximately

The WLAN-config probably has nothing to do with it. I would recommend checking the power supply connections to the motherboard and gpu.

Otherwise i think you should contact Corsair or retailer about warrenty, because your system should be able to run with this power supply. If it only occures during gaming, it is probably a faulty power supply. Because games could sometimes require short peaks of large power draw. It seems that the power supply's protection circuitry is kicking in during a peak, but again the should be able to handle this peaks.

Mar 24, 2020
The WLAN-config probably has nothing to do with it. I would recommend checking the power supply connections to the motherboard and gpu.

Otherwise i think you should contact Corsair or retailer about warrenty, because your system should be able to run with this power supply. If it only occures during gaming, it is probably a faulty power supply. Because games could sometimes require short peaks of large power draw. It seems that the power supply's protection circuitry is kicking in during a peak, but again the should be able to handle this peaks.
alright, ill contact them thank you for your time !