Question pc reboots randomly

Aug 9, 2020
Hey guys,

my name is Rob and i'm from belgium and we have a problem with our dad's pc. We recently upgraded from a msi gtx 960 to a 2070 super. Since then he had problems with the pc randomly rebooting. when doing a benchmark , it always reboots at a certain time. We thought that the problem was that the other components in his pc were outdated or just too old compared to the new video card. down below are the specs. Hope you guys can help us with this.

Cooler master power supply 750w
Corsair Vengeance® Low Profile — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
Corsair water cooler hydro H90 AMD & intel
Fractal design big tower core 3300 eATX, no PSU
Gigabyte ATX motherboard GA-Z97X-gaming 3
Intel haswell core i7 4790 3.60 ghz 8mb box
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS GP OC
Samsung dvd brancher sh-224FB/BEBE 24x, 850 EVO

Lutfij

Titan
Pleased to meet you, Rob! Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Coolermaster is the brand while 750 is the wattage, can you state what model the PSU is? The GTX960's power draw is less than what the RTX2070 needs and in essence will demand more from your PSU while having said discrete GPU in your system.

The PSU might be your problem. Also, with the GTX960 in, did you use DDU to remove your discrete GPU's drivers?

Lutfij

Titan

Coolermaster is the brand while 750 is the wattage, can you state what model the PSU is? The GTX960's power draw is less than what the RTX2070 needs and in essence will demand more from your PSU while having said discrete GPU in your system.

The PSU might be your problem. Also, with the GTX960 in, did you use DDU to remove your discrete GPU's drivers?

Aug 9, 2020

Thank you for answering,

The PSU is the cooler master g750M, and we didn't use DDU to remove the drivers.