Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

Recently i built my new PC with the following specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5600xt Black Edition
Mobo: Gigabyt B550m ds3h
PSU: Seasonic 550w
RAM: 2x8gb Viper Patriot 3600mhz cl17

The PC reboots (no blue screen) when I try to stress the GPU in Furmark and Unigine Heaven after a minute of doing the tests. The temps right before rebooting are like 58 degrees.
Also, after a few minutes of playing Red Dead Redemption 2 the PC restarts when the gpu is fully loaded. And if i press multiple times alt+tab while i am in the game. For example if I play CS:GO nothing happens, everything is alright.

I did the test on CPU as well using AIDA 64 and after 15 minutes of stressing it the temps are like 80 degrees running at @4.55Ghz.

I googled the problem and most of the times it was the PSU for not faulty or the GPU . I wanted a second opinion from you guys regarding this problem.

Thanks

Solution
The card says "Recommended 500 Watt Power Supply (Minimum 450 Watt Power Supply).", so a 520W should be enough based on the specifications.

tecmo34

Administrator
Have you done any recent updating of components, like new GPU since stress testing?

What are your GPU temps? It could be the card is running too hot causing it to crash. The CPU temps are not too bad to be of a great concern there.

How old are the GPU and PSU?

Can you test the GPU in another system to see if it crashes too, assuming PSU can support it to rule it out? If you are able to run those test on another system without issues, you know it is the PSU. If it crashes, it points to the GPU.

It seems like a PSU issue since under normal or low power usage, the system is fine but as soon as you stress the GPU it crashes as it needs more power and crashes.

Jan 12, 2021
Have you done any recent updating of components, like new GPU since stress testing?

What are your GPU temps? It could be the card is running too hot causing it to crash. The CPU temps are not too bad to be of a great concern there.

How old are the GPU and PSU?

Can you test the GPU in another system to see if it crashes too, assuming PSU can support it to rule it out? If you are able to run those test on another system without issues, you know it is the PSU. If it crashes, it points to the GPU.

It seems like a PSU issue since under normal or low power usage, the system is fine but as soon as you stress the GPU it crashes as it needs more power and crashes.

Everything was bought like a week ago, new components. When i was doing the cpu+gpu stress in AIDA64 the temperature for gpu was like 68 degrees.
Thats what I was thinking at first, that the PSU doesnt give enough power for all the components

And about testing the gpu, I have an old pc , with an AMD fx8350 and an 520W PSU . Do you think it`s worth trying to test the gpu on that pc?

TRENDING THREADS