PC reboots when playing games

Jan 7, 2019
My PC recently started to reboot itself when playing games. I usually play with a stream on, on my second monitor which resulted to those reboots. The thing is even without watching streams while playing reboots my PC. I thought that it could be my CPU or GPU overheating. I installed a GPU stress test to see if it's going to crash, it did so I downloaded MSI afterburner to configure my fan speeds. I set my fan speeds to cool it down when it gets to higher tempatures. It worked for a while my temperatures were fine, GPU hovering around 60 °C to 70 °C and CPU sitting around 60 °C but the reboots came back and now I am clueless. The only thing that explains it, is a faulty PSU but I am not sure if that's the case. Nothing is overclocked. Installed new drivers. Any advice helps.

My specs:
MSI GTX 970
i5-4690K
16 GB 1886 RAM
Corsair VS550, 550W

Jan 7, 2019

I see do you recommend any decent PSUs, I am thinking about getting this one https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-620-SS-620GB-Capacitor/dp/B003BIEOCI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1539197544&sr=1-4&keywords=seasonic+power+supply
and can I use the old cables in the corsair and plug it into a new one? It's just I am not trusting myself with changing it and I have decent cable management right now. Thanks for the quick reply.

Jan 7, 2019
Yeah they don't seem to sell the EVGA G2 anymore here. I found a SEASONIC Focus Plus Gold 550W, is that newer or is the one I originally wanted to buy a better option for the price.