[SOLVED] PC reboots when starting games ?

Sep 21, 2021
Hi,

I recently had an issue with my PC where it randomly powered down suddenly in the middle of a game and the power supply was dead (a FSP HYDRO G HG650). This was replaced with a Corsair RM650 650W but I now have an issue where my PC reboots every time I start a game.

Things I have tried:
  • Virus scan
  • Windows & driver update
  • Update BIOS
  • Checked temps (all OK prior to reboot - never OC'd)
  • Checked Windows power settings on moderate
Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could try?

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 1070 G1 Gaming OC
Motherboard: Tomahawk B450
HDD: San Disc Ultra II
PSU: Corsair RM650 650W

Many thanks,
Waz

Solution
Its the Max version
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios again. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until...
Hi,

I recently had an issue with my PC where it randomly powered down suddenly in the middle of a game and the power supply was dead (a FSP HYDRO G HG650). This was replaced with a Corsair RM650 650W but I now have an issue where my PC reboots every time I start a game.

Things I have tried:
  • Virus scan
  • Windows & driver update
  • Update BIOS
  • Checked temps (all OK prior to reboot - never OC'd)
  • Checked Windows power settings on moderate
Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could try?

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 1070 G1 Gaming OC
Motherboard: Tomahawk B450
HDD: San Disc Ultra II
PSU: Corsair RM650 650W

Many thanks,
Waz
is this b450 tomahawk, tomahawk max, or the other variants?

Its the Max version
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios again. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Sep 21, 2021
    unknown.png

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Hi,

Finally had a chance to try all of this (I have 2 small children). I followed your instructions to the letter but it still reboots when starting games. I checked the hardware, the memory is in slot 2+4, I examined the GPU (looks normal) and re-seated it and the PSU is new. The power cable to the GPU is 8pin modular from the PSU to 6+2 on GPU (branched)

Any further ideas from anyone more than welcome as I just want to play DCS!

Thanks

hi want to knw did you solve this problem since i facing the same issue.
    unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
you could try this.