swhalengold

Reputable
Apr 1, 2017
Hey folks,

Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction here.

Issue: When I sleep or hibernate on my PC it will reboot after a while (can take 6-12 hours to happen)

Solutions tried: Went to Device Manager > System Devices > Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1 > Power Management Tab > Removed checkmark from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Issue persists.

Additional information from Event Viewer.

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.
The previous system shutdown at 3:09:41 AM on ‎4/‎7/‎2021 was unexpected.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
*Performance power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
*Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
*Performance power management features on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
*Performance power management features on processor 3 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (1 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States
Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3792
Maximum performance percentage: 100
Minimum performance percentage: 100
Minimum throttle percentage: 7

Based on the above, I am assuming there is a firmware update I need. But to what? My motherboard? My CPU?

From CPU-Z report > https://pastebin.com/UuBQUfju

Mainboard Model Z270 PC MATE (MS-7A72) (0x0000050C - 0x23345D88)

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. If any more info is needed to troubleshoot please ask and I will provide it.

Last edited: