Jun 8, 2022
I have been having a recurring issue when my pc goes to sleep mode I try to wake it up and sometimes the computer just restarts, like display goes black after I wake it and a reboot occurs. Is this because of the PSU? This last time it reset, I was just on discord and nothing else and I went to command prompt and did the SFC Scannow and there were no corrupted files.
Additionally, I have had times once in a long time when gaming the game freezes and the whole thing is frozen and I have to manually reset. I am not sure if those issues are related.

My specs are the following:

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 5700XT

PSU: EVGA 700 BQ, 80+ Bronze 700W, Semi Modular

also 32gb ram and about 5tb worth of HDD

Thank you for any and all help on this matter.

EDIT my motherboard is an Asus Prime X570-P

Last edited:
I have been having a recurring issue when my pc goes to sleep mode I try to wake it up and sometimes the computer just restarts, like display goes black after I wake it and a reboot occurs. Is this because of the PSU? This last time it reset, I was just on discord and nothing else and I went to command prompt and did the SFC Scannow and there were no corrupted files.
Additionally, I have had times once in a long time when gaming the game freezes and the whole thing is frozen and I have to manually reset. I am not sure if those issues are related.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 5700XT

whats the motherboard?

oh yes, its an Asus Prime x570-p my bad
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), enable XMP (also set RttNom to 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr to 3 (or 80ohm), and RttPark to 1~3 (or 240~80ohm) for stability IF you're using 4x8gb single rank or 2X16gb Dual Ranked/2Rx8), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.03 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

• Install the latest radeon driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jun 8, 2022
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), enable XMP (also set RttNom to 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr to 3 (or 80ohm), and RttPark to 1~3 (or 240~80ohm) for stability IF you're using 4x8gb single rank or 2X16gb Dual Ranked/2Rx8), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.03 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Hi, thank you for the instructions. I will perform this when I get back. My two questions are: what does this whole process do exactly to my rig and will I risk losing any data or anything dangerous like that?

fishyjack

Commendable
Jul 21, 2021
I'd also like to add from personal experience that the EVGA BQ series PSUs are quite poor in quality. I owned one for about a month or so before it started having bad behavioral problems that resulted in swift replacement.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/ I'm not very PSU-inclined but I generally stick to the A-B tier PSUs on this list. With a system as fairly high end as yours, something like a Corsair RMX 750 could be a good replacement.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Jun 8, 2022
    unknown.png

unknown.png
I am having trouble locating the processors part of task manager. My other question is can you clarify the steps in the bios part? im not sure what it means to flash to the latest bios.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Jun 8, 2022
I'd also like to add from personal experience that the EVGA BQ series PSUs are quite poor in quality. I owned one for about a month or so before it started having bad behavioral problems that resulted in swift replacement.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/ I'm not very PSU-inclined but I generally stick to the A-B tier PSUs on this list. With a system as fairly high end as yours, something like a Corsair RMX 750 could be a good replacement.
You mentioned to consider replacing my psu to that corsair boi. Should I also upgrade my cpu if possible for newer games? Also does having multiple hdds in my rig hurt my overall stability?

Dec 24, 2023

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 5700XT

EDIT my motherboard is an Asus Prime X570-P
I got THE simple fix!!

It took me years to finally figure this odd issue out. Going through tons of idiotic answers by people that think they know when they absolutely do not & trying all their time consuming steps was...well let's just say very aggravating!

1st lets be clear what the issue is / was. Having much work on my Windows 11 fully updated PC with approximately 25 internet tabs open of research and paint photos screenshots open which uses a lot of memory. Checking the task manager it showed 33% of memory.

This is the state before I go to ben and I put my Windows 11 PC into sleep mode hoping to pick up where I left off in the morning. But what was happening is instead of the PC resuming from sleep it would restart and I would then lose all my prior saved work and 25 internet open research tabs! Frustrating...

The issue was with Windows 11 virtual memory paging file system managed SIZE was way too low for my usage patterns!! What you must do is change your virtual memory by increasing the initial to 1.5 x the amount you have in my case 64 gigs. Then the max to 2 or 3 x 64 gigs. Below is a link to increase your virtual memory, after this your issue will be solved & PC function perfectly: How to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 11 [2 Ways]

TRENDING THREADS