Question PC Reboots while playing certain games?

May 9, 2022
Hello! so I am running into a problem so whenever I run certain games on my new PC I built it will reboot? The parts are all basically new and not even a month old. This is like the 5th time of this problem happening to me and I would really appreciate any help and would mean allot to me.

I Installed HWInfo to see if anything was overheating and didn't notice anything bad. the CPU and GPU temps were fine. I ran benchmarks like CineBench and 3DMark and it all ran perfectly fine and no reboot happened.

The PC won't crash like this while just having it on and doing normal stuff like watching videos or browsing the web, It only seems to really crash on certain games..? I can run Call of Duty: Warzone fine and not have this Issue. But when I run a game like Fortnite and a steam game called Beast Of Bermuda it rebooted? (Doesn't really seem to crash anymore on Beast of Bermuda at the moment which is odd)

Yes my windows and gpu are up-to date for drivers as well

Here is my list of parts I used to build my new PC:

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE Vision GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card GV-N307TVISION OC-8GDGigabyte GeForce RTX 3070TI VISION OC

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K - Core i7 12th Gen Alder Lake 12-Core (8P+4E) 3.6 GHz LGA 1700 125W Intel UHD Graphics 770

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 LGA 1700 Intel 12th Gen ATX Gaming Motherboard- PCIe 5.0, DDR4, 16+1 Power Stages, WiFi 6, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN, Bluetooth v5.2, Thunderbolt 4, 4xM.2/NVMe SSD

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M4C3600C18W

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 RGB

PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 P5, 80 Plus Platinum 850W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-P5-0850-X1

Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Pretty sure I got everything important If I missed something please let me know!
And If I need to show logs from HWInfo I will gladly provide them if needed

Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Sometimes users can end up with a faulty PSU out of the box. You can try and rule out your unit being the issue by sourcing a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a branded, reliably built 750W unit for your system's disposal. One other thing to do, is to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of updates, please don't jump to the latest version, instead gradually work your way to the latest version.

You could also try and relocate to another wall outlet, after you experience the same reboot.

May 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Sometimes users can end up with a faulty PSU out of the box. You can try and rule out your unit being the issue by sourcing a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a branded, reliably built 750W unit for your system's disposal. One other thing to do, is to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of updates, please don't jump to the latest version, instead gradually work your way to the latest version.

You could also try and relocate to another wall outlet, after you experience the same reboot.

If I need to update my bios where would I go for that exactly?

I would also like to add last night I was running PUBG just fine with no crashes. But when it came to Fortnite I was in the menu just fine but when I was about 10 minutes into the Fortnite game is black screened then rebooted. Its really strange honestly
I also use a power strip. Should I try switching to another outlet for the powers trip?
And unfortunately I don't have another power supply laying around but if we think the power supply is faulty I could return it and get a new one.
Thank you so much for trying to help me figure out what the problem could be it means allot as a new built pc doing this can be a bit frustrating
I switched my power strip to a new outlet and when I check my bios version it seems out of date I have a 12/3/2021 Version but when I check my motherboards website by ASUS theirs a bios update for 2022/04/13

Last edited:
May 9, 2022
Often troubleshooting these things comes down to try this/try that.
Yes get the latest bios just to cross it off the list and test.
When I went to update my bios using AI suite 3 and checked for any updates it said there was no need to update the environment. Should I still update to the latest version?

May 9, 2022
Yes and also check the chipset driver.
I updated my bios and chipset and my pc just rebooted while trying to launch a game again, Temps are fine and everything. when I boot up the game I hear the fans spin louder. I don't know If I have a faulty PSU or MB. I would really appreciate any help I can get. If I need to provide logs from event viewer I can

TRENDING THREADS