Question PC Rebuild No Display

Jan 5, 2022
I just rebuilt my pc to upgrade to a ryzen 7 5800x. My new specs are Asus B550-F, the ryzen processor, Gigabyte gaming 1070, and corsair ddr4 vengeance red led (2x 8gb).

i know there is the bios potential incompatibility but I flashed my bios to the latest version and still no display on boot.

Everything lights up in my case and all my fans are running. Does anyone have any ideas why I am experiencing a no display?

logainofhades

Titan
Did you accidently hook the monitor cable up to the motherboard, instead of the GPU? (This happens more than you may think.) What is the make/model of your power supply? Are you sure the ram is in the correct slots, per the user manual? Double check all connections to the motherboard, and the PCI-E, for the gpu.

Jan 5, 2022
Did you accidently hook the monitor cable up to the motherboard, instead of the GPU? (This happens more than you may think.) What is the make/model of your power supply? Are you sure the ram is in the correct slots, per the user manual? Double check all connections to the motherboard, and the PCI-E, for the gpu.
Display cable is in the graphics card, i have a corsair cx750 power supply, the ram is in the recommended slots and i checked all the connections and made a few slight tweaks to them based off the user manuals suggestions, however, still no luck :(. Anything else you can think of before i start testing components and pulling out my multimeter?

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Display cable is in the graphics card, i have a corsair cx750 power supply, the ram is in the recommended slots and i checked all the connections and made a few slight tweaks to them based off the user manuals suggestions, however, still no luck :(. Anything else you can think of before i start testing components and pulling out my multimeter?
maybe try a different cable or port on the gpu

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Two thoughts. First, does your mobo have a tiny "speaker" so you can hear beep codes during the POST process? IF is does, you normally would hear a single short beep at the END of the POST process that signals a completely successful POST. Then the system starts loading your OS from the boot drive. If POST fails in some way, you hear instead some different beep codes, and you need to look up what those are for YOUR particular mobo. Different boards use different codes. If you hear NONE of this, then your mobo probably does NOT include the mini-speaker. You can buy one of these cheap (also known as a PZO "speaker") from a computer parts shop and plug it into the "Speaker" pins on the mobo Front Panel header so you can hear those code sounds.

When you install a graphics card, commonly the BIOS checks for that and detects its presence, and configures itself to use that card for video output. BUT in some cases this does not work and the BIOS by default will decide to use the mobo's own video output system, which means it will send out signals from the video socket on the MOBO's rear panel, rather than from the graphics card's output socket. So as an experiment, connect your monitor cable to that rear panel socket and see if it shows any display that way.

logainofhades

Titan

How old is that PSU? Orange or grey label?