Question Pc recently restarts when playing games

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
Recently my pc started crashing while playing games never had that before I cleaned my pc inside out today but it still happened Amy ideas why

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
...or failing/too weak PSU. What are the system specs?

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Manufacturer
Intel
Speed
3.5 GHz
Number of Cores
CPU ID
BFEBFBFF000306C3
Family
Model
3C
Stepping
Revision

Memory
RAM
16 GB
Video Card
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Manufacturer

Chipset
GeForce GTX 970
Dedicated Memory
4.0 GB
Total Memory
12 GB
Pixel Shader Version

Vertex Shader Version

Hardware T & L
Yes
Vendor ID
10DE
Device
13C2
Plug and Play ID
VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_31601462&REV_A1
Driver Version
Operating System
Operating System
Windows 10
Service Pack
Size
64-bit
Edition

Version
Locale
BIOS
BIOS
BIOS Date: 10/28/15 14:46:40 Ver: 30.03
Version

Manufacturer
American Megatrends Inc.
Date
10/28/15
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device
Blue Snowball
Driver
Audio 2
Sound Device
High Definition Audio-apparaat
Driver

Audio 3
Sound Device
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Driver

Audio 4
Sound Device
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver
Audio 5
Sound Device
VB-Audio Virtual Cable
Driver

Drives
DVD

CD

Size
466 GB
Free Memory
33 GB
Software
Internet Explorer
Chrome
Firefox

Safari

Java
Flash

DirectX
.NET
QuickTime

Adobe PDF Reader

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair is fine.
This may take some time on your part to trouble shoot. If all was well before you did your cleaning, I'd look to see if something worked loose. Are you using a stock Intel cooler? If so, make sure all 4 push-pin feet on the cooler are secure. Press down on them a pair at a time to be sure they are locked.

Run Memtest on each stick of RAM individually* for one full pass. See if there are any errors.

Run CCleaner and do the clean and registry portions both.

* use a single stick of RAM for each test.

Assuming temps are under control, systems hard resetting are often a failing PSU; regardless of brand name/pedigree/confidence in the brand being utilized, the quickest way to test the theory is to use a known good PSU of sufficient wattage...

(NOTE: do NOT reuse modular cables from old PSU with new PSU, as doing so can burn up assorted components is short order due to different voltage pinouts at PSU's modular connection/insertion points...

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
Corsair is fine.
This may take some time on your part to trouble shoot. If all was well before you did your cleaning, I'd look to see if something worked loose. Are you using a stock Intel cooler? If so, make sure all 4 push-pin feet on the cooler are secure. Press down on them a pair at a time to be sure they are locked.

Run Memtest on each stick of RAM individually* for one full pass. See if there are any errors.

Run CCleaner and do the clean and registry portions both.

* use a single stick of RAM for each test.

the pc is water cooled

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
it said 41 kernal power
Kernal error 41 is reported when the PC has shut down incorrectly or restarted after a crash. So, that is an expected error message.

Before looking at hardware, I would start by eliminating software conflicts and errors as much as possible. Give CCleaner a run and do the Clean and Registry portions both. If you get a lot of hits, run it again.
Then check for the presence of poorly written malware with a Malwarebytes scan.

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
Kernal error 41 is reported when the PC has shut down incorrectly or restarted after a crash. So, that is an expected error message.

Before looking at hardware, I would start by eliminating software conflicts and errors as much as possible. Give CCleaner a run and do the Clean and Registry portions both. If you get a lot of hits, run it again.
Then check for the presence of poorly written malware with a Malwarebytes scan.

sadly this didnt work for me

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have access to any components you can swap out? PSU, gfx card, RAM?
It may only be a coincident that the problem started after a cleaning. Did you check for any loose wires?

Did you do a Memtest run on each stick of ram individually for at least one full pass? Are you using 2x8GB? If you don't want to take the time to do that, try using just one stick and see if the issue happens. Then swap sticks.

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017
It may only be a coincident that the problem started after a cleaning. Did you check for any loose wires?

Did you do a Memtest run on each stick of ram individually for at least one full pass? Are you using 2x8GB? If you don't want to take the time to do that, try using just one stick and see if the issue happens. Then swap sticks.

didnt work as well

Mitch_15

Reputable
Mar 31, 2017

i did a fresh install of everything on my pc but i still have the problem