Question PC recently started locking up/freezing

Apr 14, 2020
Hello need help regarding PC issues idk if is a cpu problem or not. I recently started to experience deadlocking (cant do anything except for force restart with the power button) on my pc, no blue screen just a freeze frame with whatever sound last played repeated, caps lock does not work and ctrl alt del also does not work.

It started about 2 weeks ago when I was playing some heavy cpu/gpu games. I tried running all kind of soft test to see if i can pinpoint anything to no luck. My pc was a decently prebuilt by ibuypower back in end of 2016. Really has no issues until now with the deadlocking.

At first i thought it was some kind of cpu overheating problem (it hit 65~C based on speccy but afterburner said it reached 74c at one point) but now im starting to think it might be a psu or voltage problem since i havent even open the bottom out to see what brand or whateverit is since its been good the whole time.

Let me know if you guys can see anything wrong with this speccy sheet. I also havent update bios or anything like that, afraid it might accidentally fry it or something (im not a tech person as you can see). https://pastebin.com/Z1iXFjKX < link to speccy textfile

Apr 14, 2020
Long update post

Things that have happened since then: I tried to go into safe mode and it also freeze after about 20 minutes, also happen in bios. My friend recommended me to reset cmos which I think I did by going into the bios then change it to default settings. This made my pc freeze a lot less frequently now, it was doing it once every 5~30m now its doing it not very often.

Things I've tried: running intel processor diagnosis test which the test said it was fine, running memtest84 with both of my 8x2 stick on it, with no errors on the last 3 passes, ,it went to the 4th pass, which then froze at test 10 (almost 3 hours uptime no freezes), also tried testing both my HDD and SSD with seatools, all smart/short/long test said both of them was also fine.

My only crashes/freeze so far after the CMOS is one where I tried to test run a dota2 bot game and it froze in 5 mins after about 1 hrs of idle of no freezing and the memtest84 freezing after 3 hours.

Next, I'm gonna try running onboard graphics and see if GPU is the problem then maybe buy a new psu for testing or take my current psu to a friends house to test if possible.

Another question, possible for a corrupted window 10 to be causing this?

Apr 14, 2020
I took my current GPU and went to a friends house to test it out. Played like 3 whole matches of valorant no freeze, uptime was about 3-4 hours did not get anything so i assume it was good.

I also tested out a new PSU evga 600w br+, it went really well, I played 3 missions of MHW (very cpu and gpu heavy) it went totally fine no freeze/crashes, then i went to browse discord and had chrome open for abit after that and it froze again.

At this point I dont know what else I can do. My only choices are that its the MOBO thats broken and I wont be able to get my hand on a new one anytime soon...