[SOLVED] PC refuses to boot with 2 sticks of RAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone, This is my first time posting to this forum. I built a PC a few months back, and as the title suggests, my computer does not boot when I insert both the sticks of RAM.

My Specs are :-
  • Ryzen 3200G
  • Asus ExA320M Motherboard
  • HyperX Fury 2666Mhz DDR4 Memory (2 sticks of 4gb)
  • Asus Radeon RX 580 GPU
  • 240 GB SSD and 1TB HDD
  • CoolerMaster MWE 230v 550W PSU
I have tried:-
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Resetting CMOS Battery
  • Enabling & Disabling D.O.C.P (XMP Profile)
  • Replacing the motherboard (Sent to ASUS service center)
The RAM is of same frequency, but I am not sure how to see / view the CL timings.
I was not aware that RAM must be purchased as a Kit at that time. However, I have seen people able to use identical sticks of RAM together.
I will soon upgrade to faster RAM (3200 / 3000Mhz) but right now I cannot afford them. Please help me find a solution because I am unable to play modern games.
Thank You

Solution
Ryzen can be more sensitive to ram not manufactured as kits. Sometimes people can be lucky, other's either have to work for it or simply not work at all.

Firstly, check both ram work on it's own.

Having both ram in, try swap them around.

In the bios, enable xmp and try dram voltage set to 1.35v. 1.2v is default up to 2666, faster ram requires 1.35. Maybe the extra voltage might help.

Try up SOC voltage to 1.1v, max 1.2.

Try find command rate in the memory timings control section and set it to 2T.

---

Could also try Ryzen dram calculator and input details into the program and see if the settings it provides helps.

Ideally, a kit is recommended. Nevermind the luck of others.
Hello everyone, This is my first time posting to this forum. I built a PC a few months back, and as the title suggests, my computer does not boot when I insert both the sticks of RAM.

My Specs are :-
  • Ryzen 3200G
  • Asus ExA320M Motherboard
  • HyperX Fury 2666Mhz DDR4 Memory (2 sticks of 4gb)
  • Asus Radeon RX 580 GPU
  • 240 GB SSD and 1TB HDD
  • CoolerMaster MWE 230v 550W PSU
I have tried:-
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Resetting CMOS Battery
  • Enabling & Disabling D.O.C.P (XMP Profile)
  • Replacing the motherboard (Sent to ASUS service center)
The RAM is of same frequency, but I am not sure how to see / view the CL timings.
I was not aware that RAM must be purchased as a Kit at that time. However, I have seen people able to use identical sticks of RAM together.
I will soon upgrade to faster RAM (3200 / 3000Mhz) but right now I cannot afford them. Please help me find a solution because I am unable to play modern games.
Thank You
Does each stick function normally when used alone ?
Exact reference number ?
You can find this on the stickers on the RAM or by using a free program named CPU-Z (look in the memory and SPD tabs).
Are they on the QVL for yoyr mobo
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/EX-A320M-GAMING/EX-A320M-GAMING_Memory_QVL.pdf

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen can be more sensitive to ram not manufactured as kits. Sometimes people can be lucky, other's either have to work for it or simply not work at all.

In the bios, enable xmp and try dram voltage set to 1.35v. 1.2v is default up to 2666, faster ram requires 1.35. Maybe the extra voltage might help.

---

Could also try Ryzen dram calculator and input details into the program and see if the settings it provides helps.

Solution
Oct 11, 2020
Does each stick function normally when used alone ?
Exact reference number ?
You can find this on the stickers on the RAM or by using a free program named CPU-Z (look in the memory and SPD tabs).
Are they on the QVL for yoyr mobo
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/EX-A320M-GAMING/EX-A320M-GAMING_Memory_QVL.pdf
Yes, The sticks work alone by themselves properly.
CPU-Z Memory Tab & SPD Tab
I am not able to find my RAM on the QVL, however I can see a 64GB kit of the same RAM as mine. Thank you :)

---

The 2 sticks do not work together, no matter how they are placed. I have tried A2B2, A1B1 and even A2A1 and B1B2.
My RAM is rated at 2666Mhz, is it safe for me to change DRAM Voltage to 1.35v and SOC Voltage to 1.2v?
I will proceed after your reply. Thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.