Question pc repair experience

jos9212

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
had a new processor installed bij a pc repair shop, after 3 months i open my pc and i see that the fan is broken of the processor and is laying on my videocard. 1 off the pins to attach it to the processor is broken off. After talking to the repair shop they tell me that it broke off in the shop but attaching it with 3 pins is fine in their opinion..And missing the fan for 3 months on youre processor while laying on your videocard doesn't do any harm. Wich damage can this do?

the conversation didn't end on a good note. Was kind off flabbergasted at that moment
It's pretty impossible that you used your CPU for 3 months without a cooler,especially without noticing,I don't even know what CPU you have but no matter which one, it would be running so slow to keep from overheating that you would definitely not be able to use the computer normally and that's if it would even run at all and not shut down 1-2 minutes after boot.

Yes the shop should have absolutely replaced the cooler that they broke with a new one but the cooler on the gpu probably happened when you opened the case.

jos9212

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
It's pretty impossible that you used your CPU for 3 months without a cooler,especially without noticing,I don't even know what CPU you have but no matter which one, it would be running so slow to keep from overheating that you would definitely not be able to use the computer normally and that's if it would even run at all and not shut down 1-2 minutes after boot.

Yes the shop should have absolutely replaced the cooler that they broke with a new one but the cooler on the gpu probably happened when you opened the case.
my pc has a window on the side. So I could see the fan from the outside before I actually opened the pc. It was already fallen off. But when it happend I cant say for sure. Thing hasn't move since the drive from the shop to home. but i didn't have problems before so I guess it stayed on all that time

my pc has a window on the side. So I could see the fan from the outside before I actually opened the pc. It was already fallen off. But when it happend I cant say for sure. Thing hasn't move since the drive from the shop to home. but i didn't have problems before so I guess it stayed on all that time
Was it just fan or whole CPU cooler ?