PC repetitively Shutting Down Post Bootup!

Sep 3, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Recently my PC started showing this issue where it repetitively shuts down POST BOOT UP!
I've seen a lot of videos on youtube where PC starts and switches off within 5 seconds... that's not
my case. My PC completely boots up, till home screen, starts loading all icons and start up apps,
and then randomly shuts down. then it restarts again and switches off mid boot up, or sometimes,
it boots up completely fine, just like now (I'm writing this thread on my PC).

I run a system-
CPU:- intel i5-4460 3.2GHz quad core
RAM:- 4x4 GB DDR3 1866Mhz
MOBO:- MSI z97 Gaming 5
GPU:- Msi gtx 960 Gaming 4gb edition GDDR5
PSU:- CoolerMaster B500 500w 85%

I checked my PSU's compatibility on NewEgg and it showed that it works and I've played, recorded,
made songs and left this PC on for days and nights and it still didn't show any issues.

I will really appreciate any help and suggestions that could solve my problem!

Thank you very much.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
2| Are you working with a ram kit or is it mixed and matched?
3| You may want to state how old the PSU is. Seeing how it's bolded and underlined, gives me the assumption that you suspect it's the culprit as well.
4| You forgot to state the OS you're working with.

Sep 3, 2018

Hello, Lutfij! Thank you for replying.
1. I'm not sure if my BIOS is updated or not, so I will go check that now!
2. For the RAM, I'm running 4 HyperX running at the same frequency and same memory.
3. My biggest Worry is the PSU, Its as old as the PC, that is, around 1.5 years old. I'm skeptical about the PSU and I
believe that it might not be sufficient enough to provide enough power, BUT the PC ran without any issues since the
past 1.5 years and never gave me a reason to complain, even when i used to put so much load on it.
4. And, I have Windows 8.1 installed on my PC