blackernel

Prominent
Jul 6, 2021
From past couple of days, my 5 years old PC is requiring Long press of Power Button to boot. Sometimes, it takes 1 second, sometimes 7-8 second of press to before booting. I have removed PWR cable and shorted directly, it was the same. So, it's not about a faulty power button.

I have checked CMOS battery voltage, it was Ok. Also, I reset CMOS data. Still the problem exists.

When this problem first appeared, I noticed casing Fan was not spinning. Also, 2-3 days later my 8 months old SSD got corrupted and became unusable (no read/write/formatting is possible, SMART test also doesn't start).

I removed the SSD and the fan is now spinning without problem. But, the long press to boot issue is still there even without that SSD.

Has my machine corrupted/damaged the SSD? Is that a possibility?

The PC had another issue from the beginning, I have posted about that here PC Freezes with audio loop
Is there any relation between these issues?

Configuration:
MoBo: MSI H100M Pro-VD
Processor: Intel Core i5 6500, 3.2 GHz x4
RAM: G.Skill 8 GB 2400 MHz
SSD: Transcend 230S, 128 GB
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB
GPU: Intel HD 530 (Internal)
PSU: Space 400W (built-in)

Any help regarding this is much appreciated!

blackernel

Prominent
Jul 6, 2021
From last couple of days, I have to press the Power Button Longer than usual (5-7 seconds) to boot the PC. Sometimes it requires multiple long press to boot.

I have previously posted about it here. Someone, suggested me to change the PSU. I bought a brand new PSU afterwards, replaced the old one. Still the problem exists.

Also, I shorted the power pin to check whether it's a faulty power button or not. But, button is alright.

Can anyone tell me what could be the reason? Will that cause serious or mild damage to my PC? Thanks.

Here is the configuration:

MoBo: MSI H100M Pro-VD
Processor: Intel Core i5 6500, 3.2 GHz x4
RAM: G.Skill 8 GB 2400 MHz
SSD: Transcend 230S, 128 GB
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB
GPU: Intel HD 530 (Internal)
PSU: Space 400W (built-in), Now ValueTop 200W

blackernel

Prominent
Jul 6, 2021
What bios number is your mobo using, it can be found on first page of bios ? The pc freezing with audio loop problem, use Latencey monitor app in background until you expirience the freezing. Then read the report the app gives you on any drivers/problems it may have found. Resplendence Software - Free Downloads

My MSI MoBo's BIOS version is 7996v2H (E7996IMS). I have recently upgraded the BIOS.

I will check using the Latency monitor app, but I use Linux. Not sure whether we have linux version of it or not.