PC requiring microsoft account login to start

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
HEY Guys n Gals my son and I are hobby builders and we build a number of PC's but recently have had some issues with win 10....when we test certain games(csgo) the fps is very sub normal until we disable some crap having to do with xbox dvr???!!!! ok thats not a big deal except that in order to do this we need to log into a microsoft account and tho it solves this issue it creates another one in that now the PC wont go to desktop without a microsoft login......we do sell these guys on ebay and our local CL so we cant have this set this way on a PC we sell to a new owner....How do I disable the login without having to reset or reinstall windows....is there a way to get rid of the microsoft login crap on these PC's and what the hell is this Xbox DVR crap that effs up gaming?????

Solution
I understand now, you could make a new local account and then delete the other one which is attached to your login - make it admin so you have at least one on PC before deleting other or that really mucks up win 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I have never seen Xbox DVR pop up before, but then I don't play enough games. It might be a new thing as others have reported odd things happening since last patch.

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014

thank you for the reply...but this is for someone who owns a pc that they use not for someone who wants to build then sell a PC...we couldnt properly test our builds cuz this stupid app interferes with games so to shut it off we did the login thing and now the PC is tied to us/our microsoft account...is there a way to reset it other than the system restore or reinstall???

also we have built several win 10 systems for us this problem just started occuring this last week....on my personal PC this has never been an issue do you know why???

Colif

Win 11 Master
I understand now, you could make a new local account and then delete the other one which is attached to your login - make it admin so you have at least one on PC before deleting other or that really mucks up win 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I have never seen Xbox DVR pop up before, but then I don't play enough games. It might be a new thing as others have reported odd things happening since last patch.

Solution

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014

Hey thanks for the response my son figured that one out too so we did that and we are good to go

its not that it pops up its that it interferes with gaming making GSGO for one unplayable or very slow...so when we test our riggs with the idea of posting the results as a sales point and it performs so sub par as to be not functioning as the various cards should