Question PC reset after launching program/csgo (hardware) (details)

Mar 27, 2019
edit: (probably solved, not 100% sure but were running test program for 4hours now and it didnt crash.
I did lowest settings with lowest custom resolution and reason most likely is PSU. very weird though cause running benchamrks doesnt crash the PC)

Hello. Everything software related tried.
Updated Bios, Reinstalled system, launched said programs fresh without any other sofware running. (just nvidia drivers)
Teseted RAM, HDD - no errors
benchmark CPU & GPU 1hour, temperatures were fine.
SOMETIMES said program launches and is usable for 40min-90min then PC resets.
(there is no logs created, its not bluescreen. dump files from ram also arent created although system is set to create small log files)

update.

details:
win8.1, now reinstalled win7 ult. x64
intel 6core 12 threads
gtx 900series
650w PSU gold standard
16gb ram ddr4 15cl
Problems started one day with audio device Focusrite Scarlett (which i once uninstalled and manually deleted drivers from c windows system32 drivers)
(only deleted drivers were these with the name Focusrite)
before and after same result
I tested running the game/programs without any other program(except installed nvidia driver, intel internet driver and mouse drvier). mostly, usually, it just crashes whole PC right after start of the app.

I did take a look in event viewer didnt see any errors except 'improper system shutdown' which doesnt tell anything.
I also did look in reliability history which shows the same thing, system didnt shutdown properly.
Ill try the resource monitor now and try to get that 40% chance where it doesnt crash right after starting

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

Are you looking in Event Viewer?

Also look in Reliability History/Monitor. You may find some error codes or warnings captured just before or at the time of the resets.

You can also use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe what your system is doing.

Open one or the other, slide the window to one side but leave open.

Then game as usual - not to win per se but to look for some developing bottleneck or other issue.

Watch carefully as you approach the 40 min time mark and continue doing so until there is a reset.

Some other app may be kicking in: backup, update, an AV scan, or simply "phoning home".

Mar 27, 2019
I reinstalled windows 8.1 x64! installed only essential drivers/programs for testing which were:
intel ethernet internet driver, nvidia latest driver, firewall, csgo the test subject.
AND it still crashes which i guess is hardware issue.
So question is, can motherboard be cousing this problem? (after clean updated bios) (and only in certain apps/games) (after diagnosing RAM without errors) (after checking gpu cpu in furmark on 100% for 1hour, without problem)