Question PC reset, no warnings, no bsod, nothing.

Mar 17, 2019
Well, that's it. My pc randomly shutdowns and turn on while playing some games (Warframe, Fortuna) and Metros Exodus, any other game seems to work fine. (DMC5, Resident Evil 2, Jump Force, Anthem, etc)
Recently i tried to run FurMark test to start sorting out problems and turns out that i just noticed that most of the random reset appears to be as soon as the GPU hits 80° without fail. Which is weird because according to some peeps on the internet, my gpu should be allowed to deal with that without issues (even tho i dont want to).

Next thing i did is to run a FurMark test while logging with HWInfo64, and exactly as what i initially thought, the crash happened exactly when the GPU temp was at 80°.
Here is the log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h1N7-PnHjOrSgd-7Le9cGl7hc_eMzGT1
(I don't know how to upload the csv file, so sorry if i'm doing something wrong, as well as i don't know where i should post this)

Sadly i don't have any psu/gpu extra so i could do some test and sort out the problem, i'm posting this to figure it out the cause of the problem and replace it asap. My last solution would be sending it to technical support and let my wallet cry a little.
(Also sorry for my broken english)

My specs are:
Motherboard ECS H61H2-MW.
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
GPU: RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+
CPU: I5 i-3330
PSU: Hyper Type R MK-II 680w
Case: Guardian RB 921

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
try updating the motherboard bios
update video drivers with clean install checked
run aida or smth and check cpu and other hardware temps
check if your power supply is still alive and healthy

Mar 17, 2019
Have you cleaned the cooler on the card?
By cooler you mean the fans? Yes, i do.

try updating the motherboard bios
update video drivers with clean install checked
run aida or smth and check cpu and other hardware temps
check if your power supply is still alive and healthy
Already updated the MOBO.
Tried already.
Check the log from google drive, CPU and other hadware temps seems fine.
I don't know how to do so lol, sorry.

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
By cooler you mean the fans? Yes, i do.

Already updated the MOBO.
Tried already.
Check the log from google drive, CPU and other hadware temps seems fine.
I don't know how to do so lol, sorry.
there's a 3.3 volt graph in your file, and it shows only 2.3v or whatever
so, smth wrong with the power I guess

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check you gpu fan if there are not full of dust since it could not cool down and cut system also what kind of air flow you have in this case the other point if the gpu still under waranty ask for rma since fans even at high speed could not cool it .

Mar 17, 2019
there's a 3.3 volt graph in your file, and it shows only 2.3v or whatever
so, smth wrong with the power I guess
I tried looking for issues related to the rail 3.3v being lower and seems like it can be the cause for random shutdowns.

Anyone with fully knowledge about this? Well also could be that the reading is just wrong since sometimes reading softwares aren't accurate.

check you gpu fan if there are not full of dust since it could not cool down and cut system also what kind of air flow you have in this case the other point if the gpu still under waranty ask for rma since fans even at high speed could not cool it .
According to HWINFO64 as well as AMD tool, the GPU fan speed was around 35% at the moment of the shutdown (in amd tool was around 36%) so i don't think that's the issue.

I'm going to try to setup a fan curve to avoid going as high as 80°, but might prove to be useless if the PSU is to blame i guess

Mar 17, 2019
It's always on auto.

834iemd.png

SrOG51y.png

Edit: Tried disabling the little OC that comes with the gpu, didn't work. Still getting crash

Last edited: