[SOLVED] PC restart after turn on Air Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviorrok

Reputable
May 2, 2016
Hi,
Sometimes when I turn on my Air Conditioner my PC restart (most case the pc not do restart) the PC connected to UPS
Why this happen and how can I fix it?
I also tried to disconnect the PC from the UPS but is still happened

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad Core
Motherboard: MSI H81M P33
Video Card: MSI GTX 970
Memory: KingStone 16GB
Power Supply: Corsair VS650

Thanks!

Solution
I tried to disconnect the UPS from power to check if he works and he works great! So I don’t know what the case

Voltage droop wouldn't be like a sudden loss of power. While it can work fine for a sudden and complete loss of power. It may not be activating when the voltage is simply low. Say a temporary a drop to 85V. Enough to screw with the computer but not enough to trigger the UPS. Because it isn't sensitive enough.

Do your lights dim or brighten when the AC kicks on? A compressor starting has a very high power draw. It's only momentary. Once things get going things level back off.
Doesn't sound like your UPS is doing its job. It also sounds like a wiring problem in your house. As an AC turning on shouldn't be causing a severe voltage droop or spike.

What's causing it. I can only guess. At my house when I had that problem throughout the house. It was due to a broken neutral line. Luckily it was the power companies outdoor line with the trouble. So the repair was free. A squirrel chewed through it.

Aviorrok

Reputable
May 2, 2016
Doesn't sound like your UPS is doing its job. It also sounds like a wiring problem in your house. As an AC turning on shouldn't be causing a severe voltage droop or spike.

What's causing it. I can only guess. At my house when I had that problem throughout the house. It was due to a broken neutral line. Luckily it was the power companies outdoor line with the trouble. So the repair was free. A squirrel chewed through it.
I tried to disconnect the UPS from power to check if he works and he works great! So I don’t know what the case

Voltage droop wouldn't be like a sudden loss of power. While it can work fine for a sudden and complete loss of power. It may not be activating when the voltage is simply low. Say a temporary a drop to 85V. Enough to screw with the computer but not enough to trigger the UPS. Because it isn't sensitive enough.

Do your lights dim or brighten when the AC kicks on? A compressor starting has a very high power draw. It's only momentary. Once things get going things level back off.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.