PC Restart Everytime Playing Games

ephosphene

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Alright, my problem started 2 weeks ago when i decided to clean install my PC
I use to play games like CIV VI and Planet Coaster in Medium setting without any trouble. Recently, my computer always reboot everytime i playing games, even in low setting. I even tried to change GPS General Setting to Performance. Usually Balance.

When i reinstall i did move my GPU to the upper port. Logically, i want my GPU not to close with PSU and have better air circulation.

CPU : AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 10 Core 4C+6G 3.1Ghz
GPU : AMD R9 280x
RAM : 2x 4Gb RAM (with gap each ram)
MOTHERBOARD : Asus Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer
HDD : WDC 1TB
PSU : KCAS-600W 80Plus Bronze

I've read all the tread about why PC restart everytime playing game and i suspect PSU failure but i have 600W which is i think it's safe when i built my PC. I tried look at the BIOS and even disable the integrated R7 so it doesn't takes much 1Gb RAM as a hardware reserve.
Secondly, i suspect heat which is My CPU temp in BIOS usually says 64-74 degree but in other threat says if it heat problem the PC should Shut down not rebooting. i tried to clean my PC but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

Please help, i really appreciate it.

Solution
Aerocool KCAS-600W 80Plus Bronze

For how long have you had your PC?..It could be your power supply because is a really bad quality unit, the capacitors are not japanese, that means they are most likely Chinese made or Taiwanese made. It is a tier 4 PSU, very basic safety circuits or even thin gauge wiring used, cheap board and components used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind. 64-74 degrees celcius will not shut down your PC.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
Aerocool KCAS-600W 80Plus Bronze

For how long have you had your PC?..It could be your power supply because is a really bad quality unit, the capacitors are not japanese, that means they are most likely Chinese made or Taiwanese made. It is a tier 4 PSU, very basic safety circuits or even thin gauge wiring used, cheap board and components used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind. 64-74 degrees celcius will not shut down your PC.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Solution

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
It's probably cpu overheating. I had simillar problem with my old athlon II x4.
Use some software (speedfan, hadware monitor) to check actual CPU temperature while playing games, not in BIOS.
If cpu temperature is the problem then there are things you can try: clean the dust from cpu heatsink, open pc case and blow cool air inside with room fan (temporary solution), replace thermal paste, change cpu cooler, get pc case with better air flow.

ephosphene

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

If i remember, i built my PC around first half of 2015 or perhaps second half of 2014.
Actually, i don't really understand about PC hardware.
Do you mind if i ask you for good PSU recommendation for my PC with such specification?
and if it isn't too much trouble, could you also give review to my hardware choices?

oh ya, another information. i did turn heat protection enable in BIOS. does it make any difference?

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

I'm convinced that the problem is your PSU.....The AMD R9 280X power requirements are 750W, meaning that you need a 750w power supply unit (to be on the safe side) or 650W good quality PSU could work too, or maybe even a bit less(i don't recommend that) but you are using a really bad quality 600w PSU and that's not good.
You power supply cheaply made components degrade quicker over time, that's why (right now) your power supply will work for surfing the web or any light usage, but in any situation that requires more power draw due to higher CPU and GPU usage(like gaming), your PC will crash.
I recommend you to get a better PSU, something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Continuous-Active-Supply-PS-SPD-0700NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EAX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507828606&sr=8-2&keywords=thermaltake+psu
https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-620-BRONZE-SS-620GB/dp/B003BIEOCI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507831680&sr=1-4&keywords=seasonic+psu

ephosphene

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017