Question Pc restart idle gaming or rendering

Aug 24, 2022
Hi...

My PC keep restarting in every 5 - 10 minutes sometimes in hours . I tried to troubleshoot everything including disabling "auto restart" option and formatting my PC and doing clean install. Still the problem is there.

First i thought that it is my mobo issue so i swapped the old one.

Then I suspected power fluctuation issue. So I tried to connect my whole PC system in my other house and same problem happened.

Later I connected my PC at my friend's house in another area and it doesn't restart. So temporarily I came to conclusion that it is may be because of power fluctuations in my area.

The issue just started since i build that pc.

I don't have any ups. But i do have a stabilizer. When i first connect the stabilizer the issue resoled for about 1.5 month then it started again i took my stabilizer to shop and he said stabilizer is working fine.

Below are my PC configuration.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core 24-Thread Processor
AMD Ryzen Wraith Prism RGB Cooler
MSI X470 GAMING PRO
XPG SPECTRIX D50 RGB 16gb ram
Samsung 128gb ssd
Thermaltake Smart SE 630w Semi Modular Power Supply
Thunder ARMOUR TGC-A-63 RGB Mid-Tower Case
GIGABYTE GTX 750 Ti WindForce 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 Dual Fan OC

Here small review on PSU and its low-cost semi-modular so best to get brand new one with an known well branded PSU. Because Low end PSU can damanged the computer if it fails and blows up because it can take most of your comp parts with it

The Thermaltake Smart SE 630W retails at RM 269. The PSU is semi-modular and comes with flat type cables for cable management purpose, it also does great in high power delivery BUT my concern is how the 12V drops quite far beyond 11.4 and there’s no details on circuitry protection.

10 Best Power Supply Unit (PSU) Brands for PC Computers
  • EVGA.
  • Corsair.
  • Cooler Master.
  • Seasonic.
  • MSI.
  • Thermaltake.
  • Antec.
  • Enermax.
  • Asus
  • Be Quiet