This PC is a living nightmare.

Specs:

Asrock b360m motherboard
I5 9400f cpu
8gb ram ddr4
240gb ssd
Msi gtx 970
Thermaltake 600W lite

1- PC is restarting after 7 - 8 hours of use (even if idle) the led on the fan starts flickering then it keeps restarting. The next day i can turn it on for another 7 - 8 hours.

2- I switched the motherboard, cpu and ram for new ones by warranty. Still same problem.

3- i switched to a 500W bronze PSU to check if problem was with power supply. Still same.

4- Store suggests it is a problem with GPU. But when plugged to another system, it works fine.

5- The Problem maybe related to windows update since i formated, the pc usually stays for more than 12 hours and problems might be happening after update... gpu driver faultiness maybe ?

6- Bios is updated based on what the store said to accomodate 9th gen cpu.

It's been 3 months i am having problems with this pc.
Theory is the gpu might be overheating (even though msi afterburner not showing high temps due to faulty readings or driver is the problem or faulty gpu.

Any suggestions or steps are appreciated.
Thanks.

Solution
No, that was not the only difference. There were MANY differences.

For one, you were using entirely different electrical outlets than at your house.

For another, if you have any power strips or UPS battery backup, those were not being used either.

And, there's a good chance that unless the shop you took it to was on the same street or neighborhood you live on, that they are on an entirely different section of the power grid and potentially might be in an area with better power because it is for business rather than residents.

What is your actual motherboard model, because ASRock B360m is not a valid model, that only tells us that it is a micro ATX motherboard with the B360 chipset from ASRock, it does not tell us what MODEL it is...

Anphonic

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
Update: I have found a 46$ psu the aerocool lux 650W Bronze PSU. Is it any good ? (Note it is hard for me to find better branded psus they are 3x more expensive in my country currently.)

Anphonic

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
Nothing better than the psu you already have.

Did you check temperatures as well? As i asked above.

GPU temperature 45 degrees average on idle.
CPU 35 degrees on idle.
You mean the 600w lite is okay ?
Note i recently updated the asrock b360m hdv to latest bios as well and reset my nvdia driver and updated to 452.000.

Anphonic

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
The Aerocool is 650W bronze. The 600W is litepower isn't the aerocool better ?
I can also get these :
The thermaltake 530w smart se
Cougar stx 550w
Aerocool KCAS 600W Bronze PSU

Note: PC restarted after plugging external hard drive. And stable when i removed it. First time this happened...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Each and every psu you post will be found in tier D,

not very good ...

Quality isn't measured in watts, but in parts used and performance.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Raidmax Cobra 600w fully modular gold certified rx 600ae-m
That's a tough cookie, not mentioned in the PSU tier list which really means no reviews about it and might well mean to avoid it. Then again full power delivered so likely DC->DC and maybe LLC, gold rated (for what that means, really just an energy certificate) .
Tried to find more, but even at the Raidmax site do they not say at what temps this will hold up which might just be sketchy again.
Waranty at Newegg for instance is just 2 years, but maybe that Raidmax offers more. Again can't find that info.

Probably good not to recommend, but then again maybe best you mentioned so far. Will ask others to have a look as well.

Reactions: Anphonic

Anphonic

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
New thing happened, when i ran benchmark, the pc restarted. The gpu was about 62 degrees but it felt hotter to the touch... i ran a harder test with 100% fan speed and it seems fine till now. The gpu is fairly old. Since GTX 970 came out... could it need thermal paste and etc ?

ALL of those power supplies are junk. The fact that they are all that's EASILY available to you does not change that fact. If a 9v battery and two shoe laces were all that was available to you, that wouldn't make it an acceptable alternative and the fact that those are what you can EASILY get a hold of, doesn't either. They are all poor quality, and you should not spend your money on any of them. Everybody, regardless of where they live, can get a decent quality power supply. It might not be "easy", and it might be a bit more expensive, but one way or another if you are willing to pay a bit more and spend a bit more time looking into where you can one even if it has to be shipped in to you, even those in remote regions like Romania, South America, Africa and yes, even places like India, Pakistan and Lebanon CAN get better units if they are willing to work at it. I get that it's hard to find them and that they are not cheap, but the bottom line is you wouldn't settle for a foot doctor working on your heart if you had a heart condition, because it wouldn't make sense and would likely turn out badly. This is much the same, although definitely to a lesser degree.

You seem to be stuck on the idea that the efficiency rating has something to do with quality, and aside from when we already know the platform is good, it really doesn't. Only when we already know it is a good platform, like (For example) the Seasonic Focus or Prime platforms, or the EVGA G2, P2 or T2 platforms. Those are known to be good, so getting any of them is valuable, but since we already know they are good we can THEN decide if we want high efficiency as well and choose between gold, platinum or titanium. But just because some other unit has gold or even titanium efficiency, does not mean it is a good platform or a quality built unit, and often, they are not. Sometimes that's because the efficiency rating is fake to begin with and other times it's because a unit can be efficient WHILE it holds up, but it might not be good enough to hold up for very long. Having titanium efficiency doesn't mean much if the unit dies in two days or within the first month.

You should read this:

And maybe take a look at this since it offers some options that are likely available in some areas where hardware is harder to come by, that my list of recommendations does not. I don't strictly agree with some of the rankings on that list, but overall if you use it as a general guide you will be a lot more likely to make a good decision on a PSU purchase than without it.

Anphonic

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
UPDATE: I took the PC to a pc repair shop. We were trying to recreate the issue. Usually happens after 10 mins of heaven engine. The PC did not restart at all... THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WE DID was that the PC was laying on the side (Not standing) it makes 0 sense.
Theory is... the GPU might be bending to a point the pc was restarting.

It still does not explain why the pc runs for a while after it rests... i lifted the gpu a bit and remounted it. No problems till. Now.

Any thoughts ? Was it just pure luck ? Does a loose gpu cause restarts usually ?