PC Restart Mystery

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I was not sure where to put this in the forum ,but online I see that this is mostly a windows 8 problem so I shall put it here. Let me know if I need to move it.

Hello all I didn't know quite what section of the forum to put this in ,so if it is in the wrong, section let me know. For the past however long I've had my PC I have had weird PC restarts. The restarts are pretty smooth they don't seem crashy. My PC just beeps then does a clean operating system reboot. The weird thing is is that this only happens on very specific terms, it only happens when I am watching a video online (havent tried offline), or on some games. Now I can play DayZ, Battlefield 3, and BioShock Infinite for hours and its just fine restarts have never happened, but when I watch a video or play specifically League of Legends it restarts quite often. Recently I went into my system settings and unchecked the box that said automatically restart on system failure, so last night I played several games of League of Legends,but now when I woke up I thought I had fixed the problem. I just went to watch a video and my PC has restarted twice. I have not tried league of legends yet. I do not think it is any sort of hardware issue because my PC is not warm during these restarts and it does not restart on many more graphically and CPU intensive games. If it helps any my icons become rearranged abit after these restarts. Again thanks for any imput and help you can offer.

edit: amd 8120 3.1
gtx 650 ti
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
8gb of GSkill ram forget the model

Almost forgot I ran memtest and updated all my nividia drivers and both did nothing for me memtest found no errors.
another edit I did some poking around in my event log and it says there have been several instances of Kernel-Power Error it says it it is a critical error and now that I know the problem I just need to know how to fix it.

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Hmm I dont recognize it it is a Soly Tech ATX 400W switching power supply,but from what I see and what I have read about the problem I really don't think it is my PSU, because games that would need alot more power seem to have no problem.

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Yes i know it is bad ,but why am I able to play so many other things and have no problems at all I am still leaning toward a software glitch.

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I am trying to listen to you guys, but why on earth would I be able to do so many other things that draw more power but not be able to watch simple video...................