Question Pc restart when i starts any game when loading its suddenly restarts on Asus H61M-E

Sep 14, 2019
My Pc specs are :
Intel Core i5 2400 3.1 GHZ
Asus H61M-E
4gb + 8gb DDR3 1333 MHZ ram
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB mini
Power supply gbox 650w PSU (very very old PSU)

Recently i purchase new motherboard (i know its very old motherboard) Asus H61M-E . I got some serious problem when i starts any game (heavy game or normal graphics game) on loading screen its suddenly restarts and error coming of Asus anti surge error says "Pc power supply unit interruption occur , anti surge system protect your motherboard" . I go to Bios and disable anti surge then i check same problem happens again then i upgrade bios to version 1303 then nothing happens same problem coming again . then i change my ram and graphics card same thing happens then i unplug my graphics card and take out from system and plug on board chipset graphics then on games its not happens again but performance of games is terrible on H61 onboard chipset . Kindly help me . Is that this is my PSU issue ? or motherboard issue ?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019
With more details :
I recently purchase this motherboard Asus H61M-E , and I got some serious problem , when I run any heavy graphics games the PC just restart and sometime restart on main menu of any game and on bios this error comes "Power supply surges detected during the previous power on . Asus Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit" . i go to BIOS and disable asus anit-surge and problem still thier now its restart in game without error warning . Is that anyone also face this iussue on this motherboard ? Or It is my power supply issue ? Or is this only motherboard issue ? Give me solution asap , Because my power supply works good on another system with no error !! Please help .

My system specs are :
Motherboard : Asus H61M-E
Processor : Intel core i5 2400 3.1 GHz
Ram : Kingston 8gb + 4gb DDR3 1333 mhz
Graphics card : gigabyte Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 3gb mini
PSU : gbox 650w (very old non rated PSU)
Hard drive : seagate 1 TB firecuda 7200 rpm

Note (what i try):
I try this PSU in different system i mean on my previous asus motherboard P5P4TLE with 8gb ram (because the old motherboard have max 8gb ram support) and its works just fine with same graphics card gigabyte Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 3gb mini . All heavy graphics games are runs ok with no restart .

Conclusion :
I think the problem is with motherboard not my PSU !! anyone please give me valid solution .

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I recently purchase this motherboard Asus H61M-E , and I got some serious problem , when I run any heavy graphics games the PC just restart and sometime restart on main menu of any game and on bios this error comes "Power supply surges detected during the previous power on . Asus Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit" . i go to BIOS and disable asus anit-surge and problem still thier now its restart in game without error warning . Is that anyone also face this iussue on this motherboard ? Or It is my power supply issue ? Or is this only motherboard issue ? Give me solution asap , Because my power supply works good on another system with no error !! Please help .

My system specs are :

Note (what i try):
I try this PSU in different system i mean on my previous asus motherboard P5P4TLE with 8gb ram (because the old motherboard have max 8gb ram support) and its works just fine with same graphics card gigabyte Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 3gb mini . All heavy graphics games are runs ok with no restart .

Conclusion :
I think the problem is with motherboard not my PSU !! anyone please give me valid solution .
Budget and location (for currency?). Cheap and good don't often go in the same sentence with PSUs.
If you want more detail, just see point 1 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Sep 14, 2019
Regardless, I'll be honest the PSU is probably more dangerous that anything.
If it's old and poor quality, replace it regardless!

I would much sooner suspect a poor quality PSU. All PSUs have a shelf life, and poor quality ones are often more dangerous to the stability and safety of your system.
I re-post my thread with more details , and i mention that my PSU still good with my previous asus motherboad P5P4TLE . No problem at all . The real problem is with my current motherboard Asus H61M-E with same graphics card with almost same ram .

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
and i mention that my PSU still good with my previous asus motherboad P5P4TLE
Doesn't necessarily matter.
All I'm saying is I wouldn't run any system with that PSU regardless and typically random restarts (once software and firmware have been eliminated) tends to go in order of fault:
PSU > GPU > RAM > MB > CPU.

So with a poor quality PSU, it's always hard to judge until it is replaced with a decent unit. Regardless even if it is the motherboard, I'd still change the PSU as it poses a risk to both stability and safety.

Sep 14, 2019
Doesn't necessarily matter.
All I'm saying is I wouldn't run any system with that PSU regardless and typically random restarts (once software and firmware have been eliminated) tends to go in order of fault:
PSU > GPU > RAM > MB > CPU.

So with a poor quality PSU, it's always hard to judge until it is replaced with a decent unit. Regardless even if it is the motherboard, I'd still change the PSU as it poses a risk to both stability and safety.
Thanks . Currently iam out of money to buy new PSU , When i got some money then i go to corsair VS650 PSU which is 80 plus PSU or going to more expensive Corsiar CM750 80 plus bronze . what your suggestion ?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019

My system specs are :

Note (what i try):

Conclusion :