PC restart when try to play games

nurhasanis

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have problem try to play high graphic game (GTA 5, PUBG Ultra setting) but no problem when playing CSGO. When i start the game suddenly my pc restart. I updated my GPU driver and also Window 10 but still persist. I have read so many forum about this issue, i think is PSU low voltage. Anyone can confirm if this is my problem? I dont have extra PSU to try or buy new one not sure it will solve my problem. Any software that can help to confirm my problem?

Processor: Ryzen 3 1200
MOBO: MSI B350M PRO GAMING
RAM : HYPER X 8GB DDR4
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
PSU: Corsair VS550

Thanks in advance.: :)

Solution
It's probably the PSU, the Corsair VS are kind of low quality units and it does makes sense that the system would crash when playing a more GPU intensive game over CSGO. You may be better off selling the 1080 and moving down to a 1070 and using the spare cash for a better PSU.

The only other thing I could think of besides the PSU is if the CPU or GPU is overheating causing the restarts.

WildCard999

Titan
It's probably the PSU, the Corsair VS are kind of low quality units and it does makes sense that the system would crash when playing a more GPU intensive game over CSGO. You may be better off selling the 1080 and moving down to a 1070 and using the spare cash for a better PSU.

The only other thing I could think of besides the PSU is if the CPU or GPU is overheating causing the restarts.

Solution

nurhasanis

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Hi @wildcard999,

Thanks for you reply, i just buy this 1080 so i dont think i can move down lol. haha.
I think i can buy better PSU. Any suggestion how many watt i should buy? 600 should be enough?
Any brand suggestion?
As far as i know there is no overheating problem in my CPU as my problem only start when i try to play games after i swap this 1080.

Thanks.

WildCard999

Titan
For a PSU it really comes down to quality, a good quality 550W would normally be good enough but unfortunately the VS just isn't that good. Besides even the GPU you want a good PSU to overclock the CPU as well, I'm not sure what's available for you but I would go for a Tier 3 or better.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

The Corsair CX (2017) or CXM PSU's are good for the price.