Question PC restarting after certain time

jayesh00

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
Hi experts,

I have Intel D945GCL Motherboard with Pentium D 2.66 Ghz processor, RAM 2 X 2GB DDR2

SMPS Corsair VX450

Since past one month i am experiencing a problem of reboot.

I changed UPS batteries, I tried running PC on direct power socket, i reinstalled windows but yet this problem continues.

My PC restarts after approx 2 hours of use and then in it works again and restarts same after 2 hours.

I even unchecked the option of restart to see whether it's BSOD but it restarted even then.

I checked RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no problem was found.

Now i have a doubt on SMPS but it's working fine i mean it's Making PC start for hours.
Could it be the reason for restart?

I checked volatge using HW Monitor
And everything was fine.

Moreover my CPU temperature is also good at 100% usage but still PC is restarting.

What could be the cause of this problem
SMPS or something else?

I am doubting SMPS because in past it happened with Foxin Brand SMPS it died sooner that's why i figured out it's SMPS but now i am clueless

Please help me resolve issue i need to clock it for 12-14 continuous hours

Thank you

jayesh00

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
Might be a case of a failing power supply, or maybe your mobo has faulty heat sensors causing the board to think that something is overheating when in reality nothing is.
But How to prove SMPS is failing
It's under warranty if i send it to Corsair they are gonna say it's fine since it boots up pc and run it
I don't think that they are gonna keep it on for 3 hours to check it

But How to prove SMPS is failing
It's under warranty if i send it to Corsair they are gonna say it's fine since it boots up pc and run it
I don't think that they are gonna keep it on for 3 hours to check it
Since its so consistant i would think something is overheating but as you said the temps are ok

Just type your full issue in the RMA ticket and they'll most likely refund you or send a replacement.