Bad_Company

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi, I have the following issue. I tried pushing my cpu and ram oc a little further than usual. Everything is done manually, no docp/xmp. 2700x is 4.3 @1.41 . ram is 3400 14-15-14-14-30. I have also tuned one by one secondary and tertiary timings. ram is @1.38 and soc voltage boosted up to 1.15v. Everything is now stable while stress testing. Have done memtest86 and prime95 (small,large and blend). Temps are fine, everything is okay while gaming/ everyday usage.
When doing a cold boot, it will always restarts once before booting. It is always only one restart lasting a couple of seconds and then it boots normally and works normally as well.

System : 2700x, CHVII, f4-3466c16d-32gtzr.

Solution
It is doing what is called memory training, the PC turning on and off is normal and is part of the memory training process.

Restarting like that is linked to overclocking and the memory training as it resets some [auto] settings before booting.

Bad_Company

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
I want to push ram above jdec/xmp clock and timings. Otherwise i would just open xmp and run them on default timings and clocks. If i lower ram voltage and cpu voltage it wont be stable again on stress tests and games.

It is doing what is called memory training, the PC turning on and off is normal and is part of the memory training process.

Restarting like that is linked to overclocking and the memory training as it resets some [auto] settings before booting.

Solution