Question PC restarting. Need some advice.

messatsou

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2015
My PC is restarting after being open for a few minutes and I've narrowed it down to my GPU at the moment since if I remove said GPU (RX 480), the pc stays open indefinitely.

Now I'm wondering though is, can an overheating or failing GPU cause the PC to actually turn off or reset and sometimes not open at all till I remove it or not.

Also, as a side note, so I'm not sure if it's connected or is by purely by chance. The random restarts and shutdown also started after the latest windows 10 update that forced me to install the latest RX 480 driver as the latest Win10 update for some odd reason does not sometimes recognize the older RX 480 driver and causes the GPU to not be detected.

Mr. Smith

BANNED
Dec 25, 2021
My PC is restarting after being open for a few minutes and I've narrowed it down to my GPU at the moment since if I remove said GPU (RX 480), the pc stays open indefinitely.

Now I'm wondering though is, can an overheating or failing GPU cause the PC to actually turn off or reset and sometimes not open at all till I remove it or not.

Also, as a side note, so I'm not sure if it's connected or is by purely by chance. The random restarts and shutdown also started after the latest windows 10 update that forced me to install the latest RX 480 driver as the latest Win10 update for some odd reason does not sometimes recognize the older RX 480 driver and causes the GPU to not be detected.
First Check the GPU on the other PC and second, check the PSU.

Latest posts