[SOLVED] Pc restarting randomly without bsod

Feb 8, 2021
My pc has started randomly restarting, usually during games. It has happened a few times during csgo and particularly f1 2020 but is fine in more intensive games such as cod cold war. I get a kernel power id 41 (63) and nothing else when i check logs.

Specs
I9 10850k
Z490 tomahawk
2080 super
Vengeance 3200 c16 ram 2x 8g
Tx 850w corsair psu

I have changed my graphics card from a 1070 ti assuming it was the problem and have tried various cpu overclocks ranging from 4.6 ghz-5.1 ghz and still get crashes. Cpu temps never rise above low 70s at 5.1 ghz and gpu is never above 75 degrees c. Psu is only 7-8 months old too, thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How are you cooling that i9? When you dropped in the GTX2080 Super, did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site to install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Feb 8, 2021
Cooling the i9 with a noctua nh-d15 and have tried reapplying thermal paste but to no avail and i just installed the drivers through nvidias control panel

Feb 8, 2021
Did you re-use a Windows installation from another system? Did you install all your motherboard chipset drivers?
Tried reinstalling windows but haven’t updated the motherboard drivers I would need to wait to leave it in somewhere when shops reopen I’m not sure on how to do it

Last edited:
Tried reinstalling windows but haven’t undated the motherboard drivers I would need to wait to leave it in somewhere when shops reopen I’m not sure on how to do it
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

Did you do a clean installation of Windows?
Have you downloaded and installed your motherboard chipset drivers from your motherboard's website?

MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Drivers

Solution