[SOLVED] PC restarting randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello, my pc is restarting randomly, for no apparent reason. When I say "restarting" I mean the computer's power go off and then it turns on on its own, like if unpluged and pluged back in the power cable very fast. This happens while both gaming or just broswing google or using discord. It can also happen 5 minutes after I turn on my computer or a couple hours.

Here is my build:
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Asus GTX 1060 3GB
  • ASUS B450-PLUS (with 3 weeks of use)
  • 8 (x2) gb ddr4 2400 Mhz
  • SSD 250gb / HDD 1TB
  • Corsiar 600w 80+

The first thing that I though was a PSU problem, so I went to my local computer store, and bought a NOX URANO 750W (the shop's owner knew about the problem that I had and agreed with me on this), however, it didn't solve the problem, so I returned the new PSU and got my money back. After that they told me that probably is from my house's power plug, so I tried using the computer on different rooms at my house, and he kept restarting.

Since I couldn't see from where the problem is coming, I sent the computer back to the store (a couple times actually) and they said that the computer never went down, and they had it on for hours and hours... so the problem is on my house... and like I said, when I try the computer on different divisions of my house I kept geting the same problem.

Also, I see a lot of people with the same problem, but always with solutions that don't work on me, like changing the PSU (done that) or geting rid of some random program that they have installed.

What it really blows my mind is how the computer doesn't restart at the shop while it is getting stressed to the max, but right when I come home with it, the computer just restarts randomly.

Can it be my periferics?
Can it be really my entire house's power system?

Any additional information needed, I can provide.

Thank you

Ralston18

Titan
"periferics" being peripherals - correct?

Did you or the store do any cleaning of the system to remove dust and debris?

Did you or the store double check both by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly in place?

Did you or the store look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes.

House power system:

Does your area have lots of outages: brownouts, blackouts, power surges, etc.? Are you using any surge protectors, power strips, UPS's, extension cords.

Could be the the entire house or perhaps just the circuit you are using to power your computer.

Do you have flickering lights, do other devices have similar problems?

How many other devices are plugged into the same circuit? Especially heavier loads such as refrigerators, window air conditioners, and so forth.

If the problem follows the computer then the computer is certainly suspect.

But the problem does not follow the computer other than doing so only in your own house. (Trusting that you and the store both used the same pc power cord. You did - right?)

Do you know anyone who is familiar with home electrical circuits and has the knowledge and skills to check wiring, breakers, outlets, etc..

Have them take a look or otherwise get an electrician in to check. Could be other electrical problems developing and things could get worse.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
"periferics" being peripherals - correct?

Did you or the store do any cleaning of the system to remove dust and debris?

Did you or the store double check both by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly in place?

Did you or the store look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes.

House power system:

Does your area have lots of outages: brownouts, blackouts, power surges, etc.? Are you using any surge protectors, power strips, UPS's, extension cords.

Could be the the entire house or perhaps just the circuit you are using to power your computer.

Do you have flickering lights, do other devices have similar problems?

How many other devices are plugged into the same circuit? Especially heavier loads such as refrigerators, window air conditioners, and so forth.

If the problem follows the computer then the computer is certainly suspect.

But the problem does not follow the computer other than doing so only in your own house. (Trusting that you and the store both used the same pc power cord. You did - right?)

Do you know anyone who is familiar with home electrical circuits and has the knowledge and skills to check wiring, breakers, outlets, etc..

Have them take a look or otherwise get an electrician in to check. Could be other electrical problems developing and things could get worse.

Yes, peripherals, sorry ^^

Yes I did clean my computer recently.

Yes, all connections are good, if not, the computer would have turned off at the store aswell .

The computer never gave us any error information, I think that computer doesn't even recognize this as an error when it happens once, however, when this happens a lot in a space time of 10 minutes, my computer starts "windows safe mode"

No. I don't thinks so, my neighbours aren't complaining about anything. And yes I'm using one extension cord (I also tried using different ones and I always get the same problem ).

In my room and in my living room, I get the same problem. I can always try new divisions, I can even try another house :LOL:

I just have my computer and my monitor on this circuit. I also tried having just the computer pluged directly in the power socket.

No, it doens't follow the computer apparently.

I don't know about them, but I tried using a different power cord, including the one from the new PSU that I returned after that.

That's what I'm looking further to do. I think that I really have to call an electrician to check if everything is good.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Windows Safe Mode? That is interesting....

When that happens what screen or options do you see?

References:

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-boot-in-safe-mode-windows-10

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...rver/performance/cannot-boot-into-normal-mode

No need to immediately change anything.

The objective being to simply learn more about the problem overall.

I can't quite remember, but I I think that I would get to see the options "Reset this PC", "Continue to windows10" and "Turn off your PC"

Status
Not open for further replies.