Question Pc restarting when i turn it on

Jan 17, 2020
Hi there, when i turn on my pc it shuts down for 3 seconds and then start again (like it is re starting) is this normal ? what could be happening ? i have a rm1000x psu, i9, rtx 2080 ti, for motherboard a maximus XI hero, corsair liquid cooling system, everything is ok except that thing, here is the video of the problem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9bFVkssUc0

Thank you so much

Update
This only happens when i switch off my PSU, when i leave the psu on it works normally, so, maybe it has something to do with voltage, i dont know.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Did this PC ever work? The likely problems differ greatly depending on whether this is a new build not starting up or an existing build having problems.

How do you know "everything is ok except that thing?" What parts have you tested in other machines to confirm they're OK?

What's the exact RAM? It looks like RGB RAM and doesn't even attempt to light up, but I don't know if it's actually RGB RAM because you didn't tell us what RAM you're using.

What troubleshooting steps did you take before asking the question? It would be helpful to know what you've already tried and if you've tried other things and failed, was there any change in how the PC reacted?

It's important to be as detailed as possible with these questions! Remember, we're not at your PC, so you have to serve as the eyes and ears of everyone who can possibly help you here.

Jan 17, 2020
Did this PC ever work? The likely problems differ greatly depending on whether this is a new build not starting up or an existing build having problems.

How do you know "everything is ok except that thing?" What parts have you tested in other machines to confirm they're OK?

What's the exact RAM? It looks like RGB RAM and doesn't even attempt to light up, but I don't know if it's actually RGB RAM because you didn't tell us what RAM you're using.

What troubleshooting steps did you take before asking the question? It would be helpful to know what you've already tried and if you've tried other things and failed, was there any change in how the PC reacted?

It's important to be as detailed as possible with these questions! Remember, we're not at your PC, so you have to serve as the eyes and ears of everyone who can possibly help you here.
Hello there, 64 GB Ram, i have checked if my cables are well connected, i also have checked my components temperature while gaming, working, this problem begun 3 days ago, before that it was totally fine, i havent test my components on another pc.

FullTank

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
A shot in the dark here, power on the pc & spam del key to enter bios, go to the very last menu on the right, load optimized defaults, F10 & save

Also, how much ram is detected while inside bios/windows , this problem seems to be doing the same thing as if your PC constantly switching components inside it while it's not

Jan 17, 2020
A shot in the dark here, power on the pc & spam del key to enter bios, go to the very last menu on the right, load optimized defaults, F10 & save
I tried this, it didnt work.
Also, how much ram is detected while inside bios/windows , this problem seems to be doing the same thing as if your PC constantly switching components inside it while it's not
i didnt find this info in bios, inside windows yes, but in bios it only says the MHZ amount in memory.

Jan 17, 2020

This problem only happens when i switch off my PSU, when i leave the psu on it works normally, so, maybe it has something to do with voltage, i dont know.

FullTank

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
This problem only happens when i switch off my PSU, when i leave the psu on it works normally, so, maybe it has something to do with voltage, i dont know.
why you switch it off? such is not required, your PC may draw around 0.3 or 0.6w in extreme cases when it's off and PSU is ON, and even that depends on the build itself, generally it draws 0 as long as you don't charge your phones through it etc

Jan 17, 2020
why you switch it off? such is not required, your PC may draw around 0.3 or 0.6w in extreme cases when it's off and PSU is ON, and even that depends on the build itself, generally it draws 0 as long as you don't charge your phones through it etc
That's why now I always leave the PSU on, for me its still strange but it solves the problem. Thank you so much, have a great week.