Question PC restarting when OC'ing memory on BIOS, but normal in Ryzen Master.

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Recently I bought myself a new kit, with an ASRorck A320M-HDV motherboard, Ryzen 5 2400G CPU, 2x4GB RAM 2400MHz, all combined with my old GPU,a GTX 1060 6GB.
Well, you see, I wanted to overclock the memory to at least 2800MHz. So I went and booted the PC to BIOS. There, I set the XMP profile to XMP Profile 2.0 and set DRAM Timing to DDR4-2666 (only to test), but when I restarted my PC, it was rebooting like 3 times, and after that, it booted up with RAM at 2400MHz, meaning it didn't work. Ok, I thought "My RAM doesn't have an option to do overclocking". That was until I installed Ryzen Master and tried again. I tried setting up the RAM to 2666MHz and to my surprise, it worked. Not only that, I could overclock it to 2800MHz. (It only became unstable when I tried 3000MHz, when windows loaded up saying my PC was corrupted and missing hal.dll)
I tried again overclocking on BIOS and it didn't work.
So here's my question, why overclocking on BIOS doesn't work but AMD's Ryzen Master does it without problem? Is there any way I can fix that?
My BIOS is updated also.
Here's where I change my RAM settings on BIOS:
Z16We2m.jpg

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
did you compare voltages and timing from bios and ryzen master for same speed ovedclock also list ram full name and model and post a cpu-z spd tab and memory of it the hall.dll could be a missing library files in the os for the ram .
Slot 1:
o1fSCDu.png

Slot 2:
eeirZBt.png

I don't change the timings/voltage both on BIOS or Ryzen Master, I put it on auto in BIOS, and I think Ryzen Master also does it automatically.

Also, the hal.dll error only occurs if I put RAM over 3000MHz. For example, I'm running it on 2933MHz right now, overclocked by Ryzen Master.
bscOOgN.png

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
The problem isn't that, for me, 2933MHz is fine. I just want to know why I can't OC in the BIOS if it works on Ryzen Master. I've also heard Ryzens have problems with OCing memory above 2933MHz

TRENDING THREADS