[SOLVED] PC Restarting when Playing Games for periods of time

Feb 8, 2021
Yesterday I was playing Overwatch and I initially just started hearing crackling sounds in the audio. I thought it was just my headphones. But then the game started stuttering as well. I noticed my mouse stutter too when I would drag it across the screen. Then I switched to my speaker, and the crackling audio sounds still remained even when playing youtube videos. When ignoring it the PC inevitably restarted and this often happens whenever I play games for around an hour or so. The next day after hours of not using the pc, I turned it on and the problem came back(it seems as if this is a daily occurrence). Crackling audio sounds, stuttering cursor, programs lagging then the PC restarting gets really annoying and I've already purchased a new power supply as well as additional fans in the PC. What’s happening?

FULL PC LIST: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RNGCK3

Solution
First I would check what version of BIOS you have (How to Check Your BIOS Version and Update it (howtogeek.com)) and compare that to the versions on the manufacturer's website (ASRock > B550M Pro4).
If you have another graphics card around you could swap it out and potentially rule out that part. If you have another computer with an AM4 socket board you could transplant the CPU into it to test that part. As long as you do one part at a time you can narrow down the possibilities. This is just a guess but I would think it is the motherboard or CPU, perhaps the motherboard is more likely but it is easier to check the other parts because you can just plug in different ones if you have some laying around or from other computers...

dudeawsomeness1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2015
First I would check what version of BIOS you have (How to Check Your BIOS Version and Update it (howtogeek.com)) and compare that to the versions on the manufacturer's website (ASRock > B550M Pro4).
If you have another graphics card around you could swap it out and potentially rule out that part. If you have another computer with an AM4 socket board you could transplant the CPU into it to test that part. As long as you do one part at a time you can narrow down the possibilities. This is just a guess but I would think it is the motherboard or CPU, perhaps the motherboard is more likely but it is easier to check the other parts because you can just plug in different ones if you have some laying around or from other computers as long as they are compatible.

Solution