PC restarting while playing games after BIOS update

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi. This morning, I decided to update my BIOS for A320M-K motherboard. It was for no reason, just so it is up to date, also on ASUS site I saw that they said "performance and agesa improvement" and something like that. I downloaded the CAP file, then copied it to a fresh FAT32 formatted USB Drive. Restarted the PC, went into the BIOS, then EZ Flash Utility and installed the BIOS successfully. Everything was reset like when you reset CMOS battery. I set the DOCP again, allocated 2GB of VRAM to iGPU and everything was alright. System also booted successfully, but then when I tried to play games the problems started. Firstly I wanted to test CSGO, I started a wingman match, I saw slight performance improvement but after about 20 minutes of playing, the PC restarted without any warning. After that, I ran the game again and after 20 minutes of playing the screen was stuck and I got to restart my PC. I was worried about it and knew it was the BIOS problem. I tried to downgrade the BIOS with older CAP file but I couldn't, the error "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" pops up. Then I tried to reinstall my Graphics Card drivers, it didn't work either. What should I do now? I am very worried. Thanks in advance.
PC Specs:

APU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Radeon RX Vega 11 (2GB VRAM allocated)
RAM: G.Skill Aegis DDR4 16GB 2x8 3000MHz KIT
Motherboard: ASUS Prime A320M-K
BIOS Version: 4207 (former 4011)

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016

Thanks, I will try that. This also happened to me when I bought this PC 8 months ago and had no drivers. But do you think it is because I updated the BIOS? Or is it maybe because RivaTuner Statistic Server and MSI Afterburner FPS benchmarking in games?