[SOLVED] Pc restarting while playing games and psu recommendation

Sep 27, 2020
Ryzen 5 3500x
Sapphire Rx 580
B450m gaming gigabyte
Hyperxfury 16gb 3200
240gb ssd
1 tb seagate

Just had my first pc so i don't really know much. My pc randomly restarts when i play heavy games at times and i wonder if its because of my psu since i have already check the other parts i have. I currently have a redragon 500w which I'm not really comfortable with. Its just the psu that the one who built my pc bought. I don't know if i should start saving and look for a better brand and higher wattage if this might probably solve my restart issues. I think that the psu i have isn't capable of handling the load.

I saw a seasonic focus gold gx-750 fully modular is it a good psu? What other psu can you guys recommend?

Solution
Ryzen 5 3500x
Sapphire Rx 580
B450m gaming gigabyte
Hyperxfury 16gb 3200
240gb ssd
1 tb seagate

Just had my first pc so i don't really know much. My pc randomly restarts when i play heavy games at times and i wonder if its because of my psu since i have already check the other parts i have. I currently have a redragon 500w which I'm not really comfortable with. Its just the psu that the one who built my pc bought. I don't know if i should start saving and look for a better brand and higher wattage if this might probably solve my restart issues. I think that the psu i have isn't capable of handling the load.

I saw a seasonic focus gold gx-750 fully modular is it a good psu? What other psu can you guys recommend?

Never heard...
Ryzen 5 3500x
Sapphire Rx 580
B450m gaming gigabyte
Hyperxfury 16gb 3200
240gb ssd
1 tb seagate

Never heard of a redragon PSU before... They don't even list the power specs table anywhere. Looks like really low quality indeed and it's possibly the problem in your system.

The FOCUS GX/GM series are great in terms of quality. For your current build 650W is plenty, but 750W might be handy if you want to upgrade to a power hungry card like the 3080 in the future.

Some other recommendations:
Corsair: RMx or TXM
Superflower: Leadex II/III
EVGA: Supernova G2/G3
Antec: HCG Gold or EAG Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigilnahotdog
Solution
Sep 27, 2020
Never heard of a redragon PSU before... They don't even list the power specs table anywhere. Looks like really low quality indeed and it's possibly the problem in your system.

The FOCUS GX/GM series are great in terms of quality. For your current build 650W is plenty, but 750W might be handy if you want to upgrade to a power hungry card like the 3080 in the future.

Some other recommendations:
Corsair: RMx or TXM
Superflower: Leadex II/III
EVGA: Supernova G2/G3
Antec: HCG Gold or EAG Pro
Yup planning for future upgrades so I think it's better to be sure and safe I guess. Thanks for the recommendation and checking the psu i currently have hopefully investing for a better and branded one will solve my issue cause it really scares me every time it restarts.